Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: No idea what to call this off-topic thread

1. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I would like to thank everyone for posting, my staff just read this all from a neighbor i guess so now the onion skinned, butt hurt, nose bleeding locals have all quit.. so now we have lots of stock but no staff. I wish everyone all the best and to the complainers please try to run your own business here and see how long it lasts..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    For the life of me, I can not understand why a man wishing us a Marry Christmas and me asking if he is open for breakfast could have got turned in to such a "Tae-Bagyo"! I'm beginning to think I have been on this chat board too many years, sense Feb. 17, 2007. May be I should change my "Home Page Button"?
    Is it too much to ask, "Can we just drop this verbal BS and get on with some worthy postings?:eek:
    I hope we can all move beyond this tread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Absolutely. So are you saying the guy who has to wait an hour for his food is at fault because he should know better than to expect fast hot, good breakfast at breakfast time and shame on him for mentioning it? So be it. Happy New Year. Sorry I am 16 hours late with that. :angelic:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    many restos have the problem of creating good food fast. if you want fast food there is always mcdo, where you will find many likeminded others who have nothing better to do than complain.

as a side note, what better place is there in town to spend an hour chilling than andy's place to kill an hour and take in the sea in peace? i know of not a one better.

hats off to andy for creating such a place!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    22 off-topic posts moved in one go. I believe that is a record.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I think it is time to realize or remember that we, you anyone joining in is taking the p*ss out of a business (Who's proprietor is a member here) Ask yourself how would you like it? Andy knows his failings so let's just drop the sarcasm EH? :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The joke was: What time do you serve breakfast?" Expected reply: (Something like) "9 am".
    Actual reply: "About an hour after you order it". A joke indicating it takes a long time to be cooked and served.
    Then it was stated "Joke lang ... or is it?" Meaning it is a joke - or perhaps it is not and the writer is being serious (and that 'serious' part is a joke anyway).

However, the overall intent is as a joke.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1