Dumaguete Info Search

No Stimulus Pay if

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Apr 23, 2020.

1. vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah! That's what he said also

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Can you open a US Bank account online and then give the IRS a call?
    It sounds like the check was actually sent out. It is just a matter of the (international) postal service being extremely slow due to a pandemic. It is going to take some time but I imagine he will eventually get it once the mail gets returned to sender. I'm sure there are steps that can be taken to have the check cancelled/voided since, even domestically, mail does occasionally get lost or destroyed. What those steps would be I have no idea.

3. vonmark

vonmark DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    We
    We did called IRS that are holding economic payment concerns. They asked us to fax form 3911 for EIP refund then been 2 months nothing happened we called again then they said need to wait for th e check to be returned so no luck.. yeah! We already inputted his bank account in IRS for future references..

• Like Like x 1
  4. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I would call them back and state that it must have been lost in the mail.

They do have the ability to stop payment on the check and reissue a new one. There is nothing in the rules that states they will wait for the check to be returned.

If your refund check was lost, stolen, destroyed or not received and has not been cashed, we can normally provide a replacement within six to eight weeks.

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irtrconlinehelp.jsp

Although this is not your situation, even if the check had been cashed by someone else they have a procedure to issue you a new check. (involves another form, etc.)

• Like Like x 2