Dumaguete Info Search

Review NON-SOLAR WHOLE HOUSE BATTERY BACK UP SYSTEM

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Caranoche Beauty, Jun 1, 2020.

1. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    The old saying you get what you pay for.
    For a truly plug and play UPS battery system with 5 year inverter and 10 year battery warranty.

Non Solar or with Solar

5000 watts of pure AC couple sinewave, 10Kwh LFP battery expandable to 30Kwh All CE certified designed in Germany.

What will this get you?

If your average consumption is 1000 20200421_101529.jpg watts

1 Kwh

For example.
    1.5hp inverter split AC
    Standard refrigerator freezer
    50" LED tv with surround sound
    Laptop
    14"fan.

It would. Run 10 hours.

What would it cost

Installed Dumagete depending on your current home wiring?

System size 2ftx6ftx12inch

P500k-700k

Most people wont have the budget for this basic entry level system.

Most will try the lead acid cheep inverter charge controller approach and waste their money.

Please see detailed description under prefab house on this sam forum.

Untitled Design (5).jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    How much would a 3 kw off grid solar system cost?
    My house faces east but some parts of the roof faces south.

@contrail

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  3. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Ratings:
    +261 / 53
    My bill is average 4k a month give or take 200 either side so im looking at approx 50k a year so times 10 years is your lowest average of 500k, IMHO I think the gates will open sooner than later and the MIDDLE KINGDOM will be allowed entry into the utilities market here, in my 12 years in China i never knew a brownout and never had a bill over 1k (pesos) a month summer or winter

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    To answer this and other questions;

The smallest OFF GRID plug and play LFP system I deal with is 6Kw, and of that, you'll only get a 2-year inverter warranty,

I never have and I don't sell, AGM, FLAB,GEL. battery systems. I'll just have upset disappointed customers, leave that to the DIY'er and homesteaders.

Really for a blackout, small diesel genset is the most cost-effective solution. Although I have numerous customers who pay the price for our systems.

The best ROI and safest is a CE/UL/NEC certified Microinverter, with a 25year warranty. I sell thousands.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Two years have passed since this post and I wonder if the costs of the above unit have gone down as Noreco II has certainly gone down here... having brownouts every day now sometimes 2 a day and the price of fuel is killing me with my 3k genset

6. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    If you want a battery backup that works like a UPS but with a lot more capacity, instead of an inverter you can get a charger/inverter which will keep the batteries topped off and you can use the output feed all the time. Your stuff will run off NORECO whenever they deem to provide power and will seemlessly switch to the batteries when NORECO does its usual blackout dance. The problem with charger/inverters is that they are a bit more expensive than inverters and there is no one locally that offers them for sale. AliBaba has many for sale but that company is less than honest about its "guarantees" that the vendors won't rip you off. They will and AliBaba will take their side no matter what proof you have. (Been there; done that.)

7. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I am not a pro at solar, though I have studied it a fair amount. This is how I understtand it based on my needs.

Though extremely unreliable on a hour-to-hour basis, NORECO's surprise blackout periods are usually only between 15 minutes and a few hours. Then there are the seemingly-monthly Sunday blackouts that are scheduled for about 10 hours. When all these occur, I don't want my (not yet purchased) moderately expensive grid-tied solar system to sit idle because NORECO can't get their overpriced act together to keep my lights lit and my beer cold. Although you disdain "battery backup", I am aware of their various shortcomings and would never complain to a vendor about the batteries because I would have done my homework and knew what I was getting (and not getting). For that reason, when I am ready to go solar (and maybe add wind power), it will be a hybrid system that, when it shines, lets the sun power my property despite NORECO's lack of service. As the sun goes down and the wind goes calm, I will have batteries to get me through the night. If the batteries are not up to the task can't, the hybrid will allow NORECO to automatically plug me into their ancient, substandard power grid.

The idea is consistent, uninterrupted power. Grid-tied solar does not do that as long as NORECO gets to shut down my solar panels when it is not up to the task of keeping the power lines hot. It is a safety consideration for the linemen. I get it. When NORECO goes dark, I want a system that UNTIES me from the grid and lets my solar panels keep doing their thing and lets batteries kick in when the sun goes down.

For major blackout events, like Typhoon Odette, there is the diesel generator if ultimately needed.

So, why don't I have solar yet? I am looking for a reliable, experienced company that offers the hybrid system I seek. I am sure there are several, even dozens. What I am not sure of is which ones will try to rip me off. It is a puzzlement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It seems to me that with the improving value for money for solar panels as well as batteries of the last few years, combined with the increase in electricity rates, demand for solar installations will keep rising.
    Especially in battery technology a lot of progress has been made in recent years. LiFePO4 batteries especially are very suited for power backup situations (safer, longer life).
    Sadly our roof isn't really suited for installing solar panels (roof angle too steep, and I could probably install only 4 or 6 panels, not the preferred 12) or I would have already gotten an installation.
    I'm by no means an expert, but my impression is that the RoI on a solar installation is now such that you can earn back your total investment within 5 or maybe 6 years. With an expected life for the installation of 25 years or so (10 for the batteries) that makes it a no brainer really.

9. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    https://ecoflow.com/pages/portable-...g5JS9J1XmFjzZK7PDa3BeS-63YAR4KrRoClW4QAvD_BwE

10. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Only good for back-up and picnics, don't know if you can buy that brand over here, it looks like an American brand.
    Seen some better ones on Lazada.
    Bluetti 1500Wh/1000W EB150 Portable Power Station Clearance Price 220V Solar Generator 60Hz Inverter 2 AC Outlets Solar recharge MPPT BMS Backup Power Storage for Home Emergency Christmas Lights Outdoor Road Trip Camping Travel Fishing RV