Dumaguete Info Search

Noreco again!

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by barryrio, Jan 12, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    I couldn't agree more. Sixteen years here has taught me to take the rough with the smooth and accept things the way they are! But ocassionally something winds me up and it's usually the aforementioned utility that is responsible!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+

Barry FYI, this pic may help you focus your frustration on the proper party that is responsible (ref. Rye’s post). The utility is NORECO II and the grid, from which the NORECO utility purchases the power, is NGCP. In this most recent shutdown you need to give NORECO II, of whom we are members, a pass. There are right of way negotiations for the 69KV grid lines going on causing NORECO II to have to keep finding ways to serve Dauin, Siaton and Zamboangita. I suppose that was bad planning on the part if NGCP. Today it looks like they shut down our substation in Bagacay. The shutdown today was only about 30 minutes but it was to feed Siaton and Zambo who won’t be fully connected until tomorrow noon at latest. Then they will probably shut down the feeder(s) to our area again when one of the feeders we are loading for Dauin-Zambo is replaced with power from with a feeder from Bayawan. And poor NORECO II is just trying to keep its members energized and happy lol.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    3 brownouts today and and counting.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Vacant Lot

5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Take Imodium. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. OP
    OP
    barryrio

barryrio DI Member

Ratings:
    +328 / 26
    Cheers lol!!!

7. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Ummm, well OK, “cheers”! (But I don’t know what we’re cheering about). I did spend some time in that post and I won’t do it again for sure but if you really want to say “cheers”, say it when you buy me a beer lol. I will reply with a “slante’ Gael”.

8. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Move to Bacolod mate.

9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    They are also supplied by NCPC. Not NORECO’s fault directly. But everybody involved could be questioned about redundancy. I know power redundancy is probably a 1st world thing but in the time since WWII ended there could be a few redundant power paths to kick in I mmediately when a substation goes offline or a 69Kv line goes down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    At the risk of upsetting all the power generation experts or people with a vested interest in NORECO on the forum.....
    We had 5 min power cuts yesterday at 6pm and around midnight, now i admit i am not an expert but if a tree falls, lightening strikes or landowners refuse entry it cannot be fixed that quickly so i can only assume that some Noreco employee was flicking or unflicking the wrong switch, if that is the case then that person should be in charge of changing torch batteries not mains power.
    I have not looked on facebook or called Noreco to find out who is at fault because Noreco is the name on my monthly bill and my payment is taken by Noreco so it is their fault.
    Try this for a comparison, if you bought a new car and after 20mt a wheel fell off then you walk back to the dealership to complain and they tell you, oh sir we don't build the cars we only sell them....

• Agree Agree x 1