Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile NORECO II Bill Payments

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Always a Poppy, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    As i've posted in another place, we use this too at Union. Nice part is that you don't have to go INTO the bank to complete the transaction, all done by email... I believe there are a dozen banks that this works in. See elsewhere on his site for the list of banks from noreco.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    Can anyone tell me how to get the list of banks ?
    I have been looking online and on my BDO account Noreco is not on the list of businesses i can pay bills to.

3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    at BDO, choose:
    >send money
    >to any bdo acct
    - make a template for next time
    >take a screen shot of the transaction and email it to: fsdcash@yahoo.com.ph
    - BDO will also send you a transaction receipt.

my receipts haven't been very prompt; a couple of months ago it took me 5 emailings before i got a receipt.

i'd like to see the gash noreco payment thing work if it's anything like doing a globe load; it's simply simple.

banks were listed a few months back; do a search for other threads on noreco payments

• Like Like x 1
  4. Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Found this on another post, it's been on noreco a couple times.
    We've been doing online for a few months now (at Union bank website, no 3rd party app). Be sure to follow all instructions, like sending the "confirmation" to the fsdcash yahoo email. Seems primitive, but it's the only way it works. We get our email receipt back from the bank immediately and from noreco within two days.

NOTE: in many cases, like ours, you have to "TRANSFER TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT", different from "PAY BILLS." Very unlike the states, this took me awhile to understand the difference.

Also, as i said on a post elsewhere, on some of these banks you need to use a 3rd party app. We are old enuf to be wary of 3rd party financial apps. Before trying, be sure that you don't have to go into the bank to finalize the transfer (now, that's stupid).

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    upload_2020-12-13_16-28-30.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    We bank with BDO and have used the mobile app for several months now to transfer to Noreco 2, using the BDO Colon St branch account number above to send to. No issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    As the little red note from Noreco says, do you do that "imperative" step of emailing your BDO receipt to Noreco? I have been going to Asia United Bank and paying Noreco for many months and never did tht (didn't even know about the "imperative" until today.) My monthly invoices from Noreco never show over due amounts and my power is still on.

It's really so sad that Noreco can't even fall in lline with many of the other electric co-ops and find more ways to pay rather than less. I tried using the LAzada portal for Noreco one month. It was difficult but it worked. Now, the option from Lazada is gone. I just signed up for Bayad to pay the Noreco bill as some website mentioned Noreco accepted from that app. All set to pay on Bayad and no option there to pay Noreco....but there are about 20 other Filipino electric co-ops that accept it.

Another thing that puzzles me is why it has to be a mobile app. I have BDO online banking which, although crude by western standards, is usable and works. But Noreco is not one of the hundreds of vendors listed as accepting my BDO pesos. Why is that? (Rhetorical question.)

8. Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    We should try not sending "confirm" to fsdcash, seems "makes no sense," since they already get notification from the bank...

And i know another bank that is trying to get people away from "online" and push them to mobile. No real idea, Mr Rhetorical. I've heard "mobile" is safer than online, but that changes every month. I remember a presentation at google in the early 00's, which was trying to get people online, since it was "safer than sending a check." And don't get me started on the new "private" water department, which never quite got around to setting up accounts at all the banks which used to accept water payments, must be terribly overworked. (hooray for "attention to detail).

• Funny Funny x 1