Dumaguete Info Search

NORECO II is Experiencing Rotating Brownouts

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Jul 7, 2017.

1. tanjay

tanjay DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +107 / 30
    Blood Type:
    B+
    That is my way of deleting a post instead of saying Dustin had help with the Noreco II twitter link.

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Brownouts. Question.

First let me say that I have PLDT DSL Internet and it works fine during a brown out if I plug the router into an inverter or generator soooooooooo

Can anyone tell me if SkyCable Tv and Internet works during a brownout if you use a generator? Or does their system shut down because there's a brownout??

What about the PLDT FIBR Internet? Does it still work during a brownout if you plug it into a generator?

I need to know these things before "upgrading"

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I believe that depends on if the provider is experiencing a brownout as well (and if they have backup power that automatically kicks on). My old analog cable (SkyCable I believe) would work during brownouts but after the power came back on you would know that their generator kicked off and and then took a couple seconds for them to switch back over to grid power. Once they cut off the old analog signal (which I had never paid for due to some billing confusion on their end) I didn't switch over to the digital boxes. Or maybe I'm thinking of Fil Products?

4. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Yes, that is an important distinction because when I had Fil Products 3 years ago they did NOT operate during a brown out. I have no idea if they do so now as I decided not to go with them.

5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Fil-Products use PLDT/ Bayantel and some Taiwanese Company to supply their TV/Internet. When using the UPS/AVR Box here when the Power goes out, so does my TV and Internet connection, despite wringing an extra 35 minutes or so via using the UPS/AVR Box. Maybe it is Fil-Products, maybe it is PLDT/Bayantel, I do not know. I also do not know who supplies the TV Channels here, but it has lots of Chinese Subtitles and is definitely not like Cignal's broadcast hence why I think that is the Taiwanese Company who were listed when I did my search on Fil-Products.