Dumaguete Info Search

not important info

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Edward K, May 23, 2020.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Could we all make a concerted effort to place all mask arguments whether from the WHO, or fox news, or any world country president under this thread. I have now blocked Vaccinations, Modified GCQ, and a few other threads which no longer contain anything useful. Perhaps everyone should start a NEW thread if they have GOOD Information. Anything truly scientific usually gets immediately inundated with the latest re-twit from some politician, which makes the rest of the entire thread worthless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I think I will stick with the more enjoyable sometimes less useful not Good posts. Feel free to block my posts, most are not so good or serious anyway, merely killing time while enjoying the lockdown. No apologies necessary.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Just an added note about millions loosing their livelihood commented on in some other thread. The companies that have declared bankruptcy were ALL HEAVILY INDEBTED whether gutted by hedge fund raiders or saddled with billion dollar debts. Hertz started its slide in 2012 when some brilliant corporate genius borrowed $2.3 billion to buy a couple of competitors.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    While I have the greatest of sympathy for those who have lost their livelihoods and not personally being an investor, it was quite clear to me that another recession was on the cards before all this pandemic started.
    On a positive note Industry and Comerce will now have to find ways to reinvent themselves, it will take time and sadly some will suffer more than others, but hasn't that always been the case......just my humble opinion. JB............."not important info" for those living in a bubble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  5. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    'Living in a bubble'? Oh, you mean the orange 'tw*t. Don't worry though, he'll ensure that most of the world is downtrodden in the quest to create the new 'master race'.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Genius Genius x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Scientific American is online. They are now owned by a German but kept that catchy name. Probably Good and Useful, for some...

7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    When scientists worldwide argue over simple matters such as face masks, what chance a group of mostly non-scientific people are going to agree?

Face mask wearing has joined, politics, sports and religion as something where common agreement will never happen.

Best people just do their own thing within the parameters of the country's laws where they live. If they die by their own choice then tough, if they kill their family then sad for the family. But you will always struggle to change what people think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Yes I agree, you made some good points. A lot of disagreement over this corona situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Seems to me, what we do know could fill maybe a small notepad. What we don't know could fill volumes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    This is the case for everything - we only know what we know but are still unaware of what we don't know (perhaps this would not take much room to list!). I don't think there was much literature on motor cars, smartphones, the internet or space travel back in 1066.

Also, there is no 'absolute truth' as truth is based on current knowledge and any major shift in knowledge could cause us to re-evaluate many aspects of current thinking. Apart from that, I know nothing.

• Funny Funny x 1