Dumaguete Info Search

Obesity

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Jack Peterson, Oct 7, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Dustin please go back and read my Opening Post, I said I am seeing/observing it
    Of course. now I am not to sure if your Post is somewhat confusing and you are thinking about another member that said he had not seen it, It sounds like you have noticed it also so we are really on the same page here :thumbsup: It is Happening yet some will say Not so What can I say to that.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    This is an important issue for individuals and Nations - whether the opinions are based on fact (seeing with one's own eyes, especially if over a period of time) or research, they contribute to the debate.

I notice some members don't like debates when there are many opinions, but that is exactly what makes a good debate. We may never all agree but we at least use our brains to think and may modify our lives in some respect(s). Nothing about that can be considered bad, pointless or a waste of time.

It does not apply to this thread, but I have also observed some members who post virtually zilch come here with one post just to complain about others posting and having discussions. Some call it a 'pissing match'. Such members should contribute more if they don't like what they read or, just stop reading those posts that make them annoyed.

Let free discussion continue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So my Friend I am a little intrigued. if it does not apply to this thread why are you mentioning it, Just a thought :bag:

4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    The first part did apply to this thread but I expanded the opinion to take in related issues. Better than to do that separately to avoid going off-topic. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

the CIA world factbook is published annually (i discovered) and is available to the public. i would imagine all of the social data in it is self reported and thus subject to the same biases that might affect all like reporting, such as covid data.

i would not know where the CIA gets their data for the book tho i will imagine they cite sources for all their stuff. i would think that no one but the CIA knows what they collect from their own operations and probably it is not available for public consumption athough perhaps some of it finds its way into the factbook. have to ask them i guess.

if you state that "many here may look thin but have very soft/fluffy bodies and have extremely low muscle mass" i would have to ask if you have data from even one such exam? if its an opinion of course you may have it, but better that you make it clear that it is just an opinion rather than stating it as a fact.

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Those personal "exams" and the number of them given should remain private. It is a pretty decent sample size though.

This is also something that comes with experience and knowledge of what an in shape/healthy body looks and feels like (I have been both (very) fluffy with low muscle mass and in excellent shape. You can look at what jiggles and what doesn't and what muscles fibers are visible and which ones aren't when a person moves.

7. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm afraid your observation sample (like mine also) would have a large percentage of females, who are quite likely to have more "jiggly bits" when they move :sneaky:

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I have bits that jiggle - but then, I like flower arranging.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

well if you have gone from fluffy to fit then your zeal makes sense. congratulations!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    They are showing off their investments.
    Similar to driving a sports car in your home country.

• Funny Funny x 5