Dumaguete Info Search

Off-topic Posts (Among other things)

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Jack Peterson, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :pompus: Well it has been quiet and one thing leads to another, this just spilt over to I guess, wages. But then if we have no posters at all, it would be considered a Dull Forum. "Damned if you do, Damned if you Dont" EH? :cool:

2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wages??? You mean as in "The mods here need better wages"? :2rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    So many comparisons to other forums lately? :o o: I have no problems with suggestions/criticism but.......Forum Suggestions & Feedback | Dumaguete Info (It's there for a reason.)

Yeah....I'm just now catching up on a a lot of unread posts, been kinda busy lately.....moderation might be a bit lacking. But there is one way to quickly get a moderators attention on something a person feels needs to be moderated:
    Screenshot from 2016-03-15 01:37:45.png
    I occasionally click this button myself just to make sure the d*mn thing still works. :meh:

I know that most other forum admins and moderators don't care for users posting on threads about how something should be moderated. I've even been in a few forums where warning points are issued to users who regularly make these types of posts. I don't really take much offense to it myself so the only potential action taken will be an unprofessional snide/smart*ss reply.......much like this one. (Or I might delete them without giving any notice or reason.) :wink:

Again, I have no problem with suggestions or criticism. I just ask that they be put in the proper place.

(And yes, I realize the off topic posts can be annoying. Perhaps it would be better to just lock threads that start to go off topic.)
    :banghead: ikr!? :rolleyes:

How about not posting in the correct sub-forum? Moving threads to the correct forums is the most common moderator action taken on the forum. Are these minor infractions worth issuing a warning point or confronting the person which could create a conflict? :meh: To me, no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I just visualize "(among other things)" appended to the titles of each thread in the forum. That's my pass.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :whistling: John! I tend to think that the Moment we see the "Dudes" name on a Post we all know we may be in for a smile or two.
    It's all good and I am sure someone will say if it is Not. :thumbsup: :wink:

• Like Like x 2