Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Off-topic Thread

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This thread is an "off-topic" thread, nobody started it. I just throw off-topic posts from other threads into this one to avoid the cries from a few "personally types" that see any moderation/alteration to their posts as a major transgression against their civil liberties. You can pick any post you like here and go with that conversation.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    mahatma_gandhi_quote.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    A little bit of God bashing in here I think. Many people find much comfort in believing in Jesus regardless of hardships. And that is their blessing.
    When I was a kid, I ask all those type questions; if God is good, why so much human suffering? The answer was the next life is the better one, the eternal life. This is just temporary, God is not of this world (even though he created it) this world is the domain of the devil who will always temp man to do evil. When man turns away from God, floods, disease, etc pounds mankind. However, the good have some of their rewards here on earth, but mostly in heaven. Not trying to convince anyone to follow Jesus, just saying these are the answers I was given as a child.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No issue with trailers here. Now if I took that trailer and put it in a park, that'd be a cold day...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You can call it whatever you want. It doesn't make it true. It is not "airborne" by the medical definition of the word. Yes, it can travel through the air...just as a fat man on a trampoline can.

This.

Giving false information to scare people in to compliance is a recipe for disaster. Educating people on how it actually spreads and how to properly protect yourself is the way forward.

Thanks for your post. This will be the last message about how the virus spreads on this thread. I will clean it up when I get a chance and figure it where to put it. Until then everyone should refrain from carrying on this bickering.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I have been thinking of an aerosol as being how it would appear having just been excreted from the respiratory system - that system being wet with mucus and water means the virus particle would come out coated. There is a good chance these particles would be clumped. They may have more difficulty in passing through PPE because they are enveloped in wet mucus but they will have force expelling them.

Airborne virus particles must mean they have come off surfaces into the air - and may be 'dry' and separate. These would be better able to penetrate PPE as each particle would be very small, but they may not have force, unless propelled by a fan (or similar).

Whatever the semantics, just don't let the b*ggers inside you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    You are right I do have a bee in my bonnet. I don't like being called ignorant or a spreader of fake news.
    My comments about airborne vs aerosol was not an attempt by me to split hairs. Things that are airborne are extremely dangerous. I'll give you an example.
    When golden rod and other plants start to release polin people in NYC are effected. The start on antihistamines. I'm guessing there is not much golden rod in NYC. The airborne polin goes everywhere.

If the Covid19 virus was airborne quarantines would not work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1