Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Off-topic Thread

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    So commenting on a trollin' post by a moderator leads to the post being DELETED and then, when repeated (for reasons of free speech). being SWIFTLY moved to off topic! The original trollin' post is in no way on-topic but remains!

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not offended and thanks for the evening laugh.

• Like Like x 3
  3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

yes my friend, it probably is, however the "off topic thread" i think is designed for fools like us to get rid of excess energy so we don't pollute the more serious threads here (usually anyway) i for one diagnosed my self as "attention deficit disorder" about 60 years too late to do any good. it was unknown in the fifties. back then it was just your aunties saying you had ants in your pants!

for as for wig wearing apes it gets a little more murky. as you can see from my avatar (or is that really me) i am just a fun loving old fart (partly quoting our leader) NMRN however might be a true nut job. we are still working on that.

please remember that you are in the philippines. i do not think any of us have high blood pressure anymore. the culture here discourages confrontation and conflict and criticism (the three C's) also know as the three cornerstones of hypertension. (the fourth is wives and/or ex wives (usually))

anyway, God bless you and hope you don't feel offended. its the last thing any of us want. well, most of us anyway

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ah, you mean like Mr. Nomad might be "no mad" so he never gets angry? :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    AND they change 's' to 'z'!

I knew thiz waz odd but azzumed it waz normal - but when they took ot the 'u' I thoght it odder ztill. Anyway, they won both World Warz for z and mzt be congratlated for their zperior cltre.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What else can you do? Laughter is the best medicine, or so I'm told.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yes, in total disregard to all advice on how to contain the spread so the hospital system can handle the work load and reduce the deaths hopefully.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    The number of obese /unhealthy people is alarmingly high. And of course, there's the large protest groups and riots all over the country huddled together, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The numbers of fatalities in the USA are now going up alarmingly. also the general infection rate is now sky-rocketing so you can see clearly the evidence of not taking care of yourself operating right before your eyes in the USA. Totally out of control and its going to get worse over there before it gets better. The USA now accounts for 25% of those dead world wide without 25% of the population. Europe and some other countries are seriously considering travel bans out of the USA and so they should. Spreading the news that wearing masks does nothing or virtually nothing to help is just wrong. Masks and social distancing have been show to work but this is being ignored in the USA, especially by example and statements from those supposedly who should know better, or do know but are just too stupid (Manly?) to follow it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    WRONG !

The crude mortality rate has nothing to do with the number of people who are asymptomatic. It is only the number of people who died verses the entire population. Finding more asymptomatic people will not change the statistic.
    @Rye83 you are being hypocritical.

You base your argument on a statistic (0.28% crude mortality rate) that greatly benefited from the extreme social distancing. You then use this information to make an argument against extreme social distancing.

In other words the crude mortality rate is a measure of the number of people who died verses the total population. (Not just the population who became sick.) The crude mortality rate is very small because of extreme social distancing resulting in a small percentage of the population getting infected. It would have been much larger if the pandemic was allowed to run its course and infect everybody.

@Rye83 referenced:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1