Dumaguete Info Search

Off-topic Thread

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Show Pony, Apr 1, 2020.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    What, no foreigner Advisors!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Good choice, regardless of her other qualifications.

3. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    They are still looking for one named Reyes

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Specifically about "freedom of speech," note the first five words of the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law..."

<<First Amendment - Religion and Expression
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.>>

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Caranoche Beauty

Caranoche Beauty DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    You, sir, are confusing threatening speech with free speech.. "You know them when you see them." The phrase "I know it when I see it" is a colloquial expression by which a speaker attempts to categorize an observable fact or event, although the category is subjective or lacks clearly defined parameters. Clearly, this is not a place for debate. Does this make me a troll now?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  6. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Having viewed this forum topic, with great interest, for over ten years and with different ownership, I have concluded it is indeed private property and subject to the rules of the owner. It is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Strange ? Just click on the list at the bottom left hand corner and it should show who gave what opinion!

8. OP
    OP
    Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    I went to the post and whoever gave the bad rating must have removed their rating. It might have been a mistake.
    On some threads the ratings abhorrent and troll are not available. Those are ratings I almost never give anyone unless they are over the top horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  9. Caranoche Beauty

Caranoche Beauty DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    Then there should be no discussion of this at all if self censorship, based on personal decision without clearly defined parameters, of a public publication is the case.

Which leads to the question of what is a forum for if not the presentation and discussion of subject matter? Most popular rules?

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Did you read the forum rules? When you joined you clicked the box that said you did. If you are confused on the rules or definitions that's on you. If you don't know the definition of "trolling" or any other word in the rules try Google. This stuff is not subjective, I'm just not going to hold your hand and walk you through the forum rules, the English language and basic online conversation etiquette.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1