Dumaguete Info Search


Ok immigration question

Discussie in 'Passports and Visas' gestart door steveb155, 24 apr 2013.

  1. stevep

    stevep DI Junior Member

    Berichten:
    19
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And I agree...Don't go the Bribe route.
     
  2. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Berichten:
    13.106
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Beroep:
    FIRE
    Locatie:
    Valencia
    Ratings:
    +16.073 / 3.796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is a personal preference. I would never get married in the US again, and certainly never here with no divorce law. I said nothing disrespectful here about filipina women. And I've been an immigrant here for over 6 years, I've seen many MANY marriages go extremely bad here (some at the fault of the filipina and some foreigner) when one thought they were happily married, and even more gone sour in the US. I am against the institution of marriage all together.

    I know you don't care for me posting but don't out words into my mouth.
     
  3. roadking

    roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

    Berichten:
    237
    Trofeepunten:
    78
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Retirement visa $10,000 all in . so I am told by the BOI....
     
  4. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Berichten:
    13.106
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Beroep:
    FIRE
    Locatie:
    Valencia
    Ratings:
    +16.073 / 3.796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This one is honestly the best choice IMO. The catch for the 10k USD is you must have a monthly deposit of at least $800. I would go for this but I am not 35 yet. I will be using the student visa in the future using my GI bill.

    Here are the other stipulations of the retirement visa:


    Retirement Option and their Required Time Deposit

    1. With Pension - 50 years old and above - the required time deposit is US$10,000.00 plus a monthly pension of US$800.00 for a single applicant and US$1,000 for couple.

    2. Without Pension
    A. 35 to 49 years old - US$50,000.00 time deposit
    B. 50 years old and above - US$20,000.00 time deposit

    C. Former Filipino Citizens (at least 35 years old, regardless of the number of dependents -US$1,500.00)
    D. Ambassadors of Foreign Countries who served and retired in the Philippines, current and former staff members of international organizations including ADB (at least 50 years old) -US$1,500.00

    3. A resident retiree can bring with him, without additional deposit, his spouse and child whois unmarried and below 21 years old or if the spouse is not joining, two(2) children (provided they are unmarried and under 21 years of age.) Additional children with the same qualifications may also be allowed to join the principal retiree provided there is an additional deposit of US$15,000.00 per child. The said time deposit however, is subject the same and conditions with that of the principal deposit. This does not apply to former Filipino Citizens.


    The visa info can be found here:
    The Bureau of Immigration, Philippines Official Website - Special Retiree Resident Visa
     
  5. Rye83

    Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

    Berichten:
    13.106
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Beroep:
    FIRE
    Locatie:
    Valencia
    Ratings:
    +16.073 / 3.796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The immigration website does a good job of describing all the visas available. You should check there for one that fits what you are looking for. Please note that all updated prices are listed on the website as well so if immigration tries to screw you on the price be sure to point it out.

    The Bureau of Immigration, Philippines Official Website - Immigration Law
     
  6. onlymichael

    onlymichael DI Member

    Berichten:
    196
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    By "time deposit" I guess you mean a bank certificate? What happens if you buy one and then later cash it in, I wonder.
     
  7. DavyL200

    DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

    Berichten:
    3.968
    Trofeepunten:
    401
    Locatie:
    On an island
    Ratings:
    +5.126 / 466
    You can cash it in if you leave the country for good or you can use the money to buy a condo but there is a surcharge of $500 per yr.
     
Laden...