Dumaguete Info Search

One foreigner dead and two critical in shooting

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by DavyL200, Feb 20, 2015.

1. albundy

albundy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 13
    i got the cebu daily here , it said a few pinoy made a remark about one foreigners gf
    and got into some agrument , then the pinoys left, and when the foreighers went out
    the resto, some came back on motorcycles , started shooting.

but still i stand by my words here , never seen or hear an honnest fight in here

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Maybe Al but a Derogatory remark like Shooting people in the back is Pinoy Style is a tad off don't you think? :pompus: and of course it's Remarks like this, that start Arguments that get Ugly :wink:

3. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    I just read that they have arrested the shooter .

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    Alex any chance you can put the source up for us.( news Link!) :thumbsup:

JP :bag:

5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,023 / 1,093
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,215 / 1,090
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    From the article:"Velos, he said, was involved in several robberies in the south and was previously linked to a shootout with Talisay City policemen last Jan. 22, during a follow-up operation." Velos was the accused killer. So if he was linked to shootout and robberies why was out and about, and why was it so easy to capture him? Obvious from the article they knew where he lived." The police went to Velos’s house in Barangay San Isidro and caught him past 5 p.m."

It seems possible that between pressure of McDonalds, and the fact that a foreigner was killed may have been enough for the police to stop using their phones to text their friends and go and get the accuse at his know residence... the robberies and shout out with Talisay City Policemen ... nay...not enough to bother getting up, let the guy kill a couple of more guys first... I am watching a U-tube videos on my phone now... its funny.. I will get him next month... maybe....:wink: Awww sh*t the SOB killed a foreigner and screwed with an international brand name, instead of just killing his own kind.... Now we have to get to work.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  8. albundy

albundy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 13
    maybe u right,JACK,not ment to offend , it just pissed me off to read how many react when they have a dispute,

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Losing face here is not a small thing! They really take it to heart.

Also I don't think I've seen any security guards without a gun here,maybe McDonald's have a different policy,I'm sure there are a few on here who can enlighten us on that issue. So what's the point of a guard or two if they just run and hide?

Saying that I have noticed the state of some of the old pistols which guards carry along with the ammo, the pistols must be from ww2 and probably along with the ammo. Probably far safer to throw the pistol at who ever then firing it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. albundy

albundy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 13
    security guards here not to protect u ,its to protect the property
    it a false state of mind if u think ur safe just cuz there a guard around , most asleep {, see it here at night }
    becide that u right , many carry very old guns ,often just 3 bullets, my guard here showed me
    and dont think they going to risk theer life for yours ;
    just to give u idea , about the major that been killed at the international airport ,
    few months ago , where the guards? where the security cams??
    on brought daylight go figure