Dumaguete Info Search

One-Hectare Underground Parking in Dumaguete City

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by aldinlapinig, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    I think you are confusin Quezon park downtown with Rizal park near the capital, which it too far from downtown to help much.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    I thinki the park is over a hectare

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Sounds good in Theory but and there is always a but, I would hope that they will get all the papers in order as we have seen at times they do not actually own what they think they own, I refer to a Basket Ball Court in the outer City that was gifted to the City but never documented and now is a House Build. it had been a Court for 40+ years and on the death of the father the land was reclaimed. We now know that one side of the road where a bridge collapsed was privately owned now there may be a problem on that issue so my meaning was nothing here seems to be as it seems so some digging and verification really does need to be done. The Actual Area for Parking seems Ok as I read it but what about Access. stairways, pay Booths? As with many things I see and hear over the last 15 years, I "Won't" hold my Breath. Think Airports! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

aldinlapinig DI Junior Member

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good discussions here... :smile: Feedbacks like these can really help the planners consider different scenarios if they read these... :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    If it was designed as a pay parking area then it may work, as in 20 pesos per hour, which would help with the cost of construction and maintenance, but in other countries the city would not get involved with that. The mayor would designate a spot zoned as "parkade"use and let private companies build it, make a profit, and pay taxes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Would be nice to see a park and ride scheme,pay to park the car with a free shuttle ride around the city. Im not talking about the garbage they have running in the city now but modern aircon small buses,a good excuse to get rid of all the stinking trikes and jeeps.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Actually it is. Since the project is under PPP program, the city will not spend on the project but a foreign investor that will recover their expenses and of course profit on it through parking fees and other revenue source that will come with the facility. :smile: I really do think the mayor knows what to do. It's up for the people around him to support fully and do their best to make this happen. :smile:

8. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We'll I'm pretty sure the government owns the City Hall area and Quezon Park... And a private house can be built on top of the underground parking.. :wink: But great point here... People has to know who owns what... :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FYI: Clark Freeport Zone is in Angeles City, Pampanga. Subic Bay Freeport Zone is in Olongapo, Zambales. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    aldinlapinig

Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks for the info.... Been to both places once... but until now, I mix up the two places or conjoin their names... :smile: cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.