Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education One International School Dauin

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am VERY sure about the non accreditation by DepEd.

and yes I admit I was wrong, there is an accredited teacher... for tagalog and visayan O-| (probably needed to meet DepEd requirements to become accredited one day)

A place where mainly western resort owners/manager send their preschool 3-7 year old kids to have time for their business (or get rid of them for a few hours) wouldn't be called school where I come from.

Once again, (and you might have missed once again to read proper), I believe the idea is good and might be fruitful, but as of now, it shouldn't be called school. It simply isn't accredited here, yet.

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Whatever. We have been doing home schooling but want our boy to have interaction and to learn from other and older kids. Given he will be barely two, if he can learn more and adapt to a classroom-playground environment that will better prepare him for a transfer to Silliman. Thank you all for your input, and points taken.

3. blueskies

blueskies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +204 / 35
    Harmony

PEACE...

I noticed that there's only few new thread, reply or input in the forum. As minority, and recently active, i feel that some members are scared or rather shy to participate the forum. I feel that perhaps they can't go on with the conversation because some of us is somehow offensive or simply not nice to others, or basically point out personally to the member.
    PATO is not my friend i haven't meet him, he has a very good and helpful input in the forum. NICE SHERWOOD was also bombarded, she was really giving us INFO but others misunderstood her.

It is really getting personal here. I'm always careful each time i am sharing my input, i'm scared that i might somehow turn my back away.

I am a Filipina living abroad, been there done that, survived and still surviving But, i watched out myself not to be too LOUD for the others.. Please correct me if I'm wrong..Cheers!

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

The forum has been very peaceful and interesting the last week or so, with actually little bickering, flaming, and trolling.

When one joins a forum, he/she is often treated according to their own attitude and posts. Those who come on too strong too fast are often rejected, as are those who consistently provide incorrect information. One also must be consistent in their writings, and try not to contradict oneself in order to gain a certain amount of credibility on the forum, and forum hierarchy, if you will. This is on ALL public forums, not just this one, be it a forum about the Holy Grail or making moonshine.

For example, in this post you state "I am a Filipina living abroad".

Less than a week ago, implying that you live in Valencia you posted "We, therefore designed our needs of what this country can offer. And, we are very Happy living here, almost PERFECT."

Post number 3 here; http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/...t-your-home-country-12207.html#post1851889419

Kinda falls into the old saying if you don't ever lie you don't ever have to remember what you said.

I am glad to see new people posting this week, and hope that you will continue to post. Just try not to take over the board and keep in mind that you will be treated by most according to how and what you post, and you will do fine.

Larry

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Along with very little posting. :wink:

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I think this thread exemplifies what has happened to the forum. I asked simple question if anyone had kids attending a specific school so I could contact and gather more information on the school. So what happens, guys with probably no kids or no interest in the school have to pick apart the school and the information I provided and challenge what I posted. While I can't tell them to _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, I will say if anyone wants to meet with me and discuss anything I will buy them a coffee at Sans Rival. If not, don't bother responding to any of my posts. _ _ _ _ - _ _ _.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What time?

8. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    i have had the opportunity to meet both teachers. They are both from the UK and are very well trained educators. Last week past the school received their Dep Ed certification... My daughter will be attending in Sept. This is their number... 0917 312 0517. I have their flyer at my Resto Bar if anyone wants to see it...Garcia's Restobar in Banilad
    on hwy...Gerry

9. oceanpet

oceanpet DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't understand why this subject (an elementary school!!!) has become so infected here on the forum but my daughter goes there, the school was accredited last month by DepEd and is also accredited by the British equivalent. There is a website: One International School, which has most of the information on it plus emails to the teachers. Cheers :-)

10. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks for the input. My boy will be starting there September.