"$3,700 annual tuition." according to this website, November 2012 “My Journal” Posts « Monthly ” Daily Personal Journal” Posts 2005 To Present « My Life in the Philippines read the November 2nd post. Was last year so ymmv. Scott
It depends on the age of the child and if you pay monthly, termly or yearly. Contact : jenny@oneinternationalschool.com or stephanie@oneinternationalschool.com
Hi, this is Marzia, i will move in Dumaguete by the end of October. My son is 3 years old, we are Italians from Turin, but i have been living in the Philippines since 2009. I am looking for a good kindergarten for my son, and i stepped on this tnread. I checked the one international school website, and it looks ok. I would like to know about your experience, did your son went to school there? Or somewhere else? Thank you
Marzia, our boy goes there, we are very pleased with the school and the teachers. They are beginning an expansion and now have their accreditation. They are expensive. Their Facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ONE-International-School/255461857934197?ref=br_tf
We have two of our children enrolled there, Ken is in 9th grade and Samantha is in 1st. We transferred from Siaton where Ken was in the private Carmel HS and Samantha went to public kindergarten and Silliman preschool. We are happy with the atmosphere and the staff and teachers. My son, tells me that the classes are a lot harder then at Carmel. The class size comparisons for 9th grade is Carmel 35 and Int in Dauin is 7. Needless to say he can't hide and has to keep on his toes. (Just what we wanted). Samantha went from 35 class size to 11. She loves it. Our goal is college preparation. We want them to be able to attend AND succeed in Silliman in the Future. For us, this is the best option to meet those goals. They have a family atmosphere there. the older children are expected to treat the younger children as brothers and sisters. John, sends both his daughters there. 9but he is in USA now, and I believe there are a few more expat children I just have not met the parents.
ONE International School Hi Marzia, This thread seem to be about different schools - Ronondo below is writing about another school - but my 6 year old daughter goes to ONE International School in Dauin. The kindergarten, pre-school and elementary school was accredited last year which means it is recognized both in the Philippines and in England. It has very small classes and a very modern curriculum with a lot of learning through play - I know you have seen the website but there is also a facebook page with a lot of pictures and info on what the kids are doing: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ONE-International-School/255461857934197?fref=ts It is great.
Thank you everybody for you quick and helpful answers. I just received an email from the staff of One school, with price list. I am afraid it might be a bit too expensive. Anybody has infos about "less pricey but still good" schools? Our main goal is english language with a nice pronunciation for our son, who is three years old, plus some elementary skills in logic/mathemathic. I can teach myself all the other topics, since i have time to spend with my baby.And of course i like him to socialize and mengle with other childrens. I will now check the Silliman preschool. We don't know yet in which area of Dumaguete we will transfer, so we are open to any suggestions.
There is a nice small private school in bacong called sbclc, shrine bacong Christian learning center. We send our kid there, small class sizes also. Classes are nursery, kinder one and two
Marzia, a couple members send their children to Divine Grace International Christian School. I do no know what the starting age is, maybe Ron or John can help. They are not as expensive as One Int’l. Their Facebook is: https://www.facebook.com/DGICS