Dumaguete Info Search

Government & Education One International School Dauin

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Jul 8, 2013.

1. marzia

marzia DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes i will check Divine grace too, even if we are not Christian or religious it might be a good option as a preschool, as long as they teach in english and do not emphasize too much on religion. Good igienic standard are also a must, since we come from a very rural part of the Philippines where we had experienced bad igienic standard in the local schools.
    We are now in italy for a few months, and Francesco my son, misses the Philippines very much. Hpefully i will join you in november!

2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ill be enrolling mt 3 yrs old son there tomorrow after a nasty experience from his previous school (he got bitten by another half caste kid and it really has left a nasty mark, the kid was out of control typicical spoilt brat. I was fuming in anger because the teachers of holy cross didnt know about it till my son came home showing me the purple bruise in his left arm. Ive told the teacher to either move the little prick in a boot camp or ill surely knock him next time. The fact that my son refused to share a toy with him after this kid took all the toys an put it aside and refused to let anyone get hold of it here he is wanting more and because my son didnt give in..he ended up getting bitten. He could end up getting a disease from this kid. Very disappointed with holy cross im hoping that one international school will be a different experience for him. Fingers crossed!

3. neil.kindness

neil.kindness One Hit Wonder? Infamous

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont normally get involved in the squabbles that take place on forums for a number of reasons - I prefer to sit on the sidelines and watch - however: It seems that this thread needs to be updated for the sake of good, clear and correct information - I see that there are quite a few exsiting parents of kids at ONE International School (ONE International School Philippines that have posted in this forum replying to some misinformed people. So - for newcomers looking for an international school in Dumaguete with a British curriculum I would like say the following about ONE International School:

(disclosure - my son attends this school)

1) It is fully accredited with both Philippines Department of Education and the British Department of Education (Department for Education - GOV.UK . It is also the ONLY British International School in the Philippines that is registered with COBIS (Council of British International Schools) (Council of British International Schools (COBIS)

2) the teachers are fully qulaified and very able in their jobs.

3) the school is 100% transparent.

4) it is totally different to the other "international" schools I have snet my kids to in Dumaguete in that it actually has the kids best interests at heart.

5) Unlike the two other internationals schools I have tried here - there is no bullying of any type; in fact I dont think I could ever envisage such behaviour happeneing.

6) there is a very active PTA group that has regular and effective interaction with the school staff and owners.

7) there are Physical Education lessons and games several times a week in the form of classes and extra curricular activities - there is even Rugby.

8) the fees are "all inclusive" in that there are no sudden demands for toilet paper payments, pencils, lunches etc etc.

9) the school is fully airconditioned.

10) there are full IT facilities for the pupils.

11) It has out door playgrounds with full facilities.

12) It has a football/rugby pitch

13) It has a swimming pool

I could list more good points but you can view the website at ONE International School Philippines
    and make up your own mind!

I hope this clears up some of the more ill informed comments that have been made in this thread by people that simply have not bothered to find out the diffrence between a quality school and a mere school.

neil.kindness
    This message by neil.kindness has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Bad Form! Bad Form! x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Opinions....everyone has one. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I do not see any ill informed comments regarding One International School. The only comments that were made is that it is expensive for this area.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. AS1111

AS1111 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    We know some friends who had their kid at OneInt. Due to the cost, they switched him to the Montessori school near the airport last fall and are pleased as far as I know. You might consider this alternative.

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Good school. Expensive so moved to Don Bosco

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
  9. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    I'm a teacher at One International, and can confirm the school is a CIS (Council of International School) member school. I believe there are only 9 such schools in The Philippines, and only two outside of Manila (One International and Cebu International School). You can find confirmation of this here:

https://www.cois.org/membership-directory

I'm not aware that the school is a COBIS member school.

If you have any questions regarding the academic side/ curriculum feel free to message me. I can't answer any questions regarding fees, I don't get involved in that side. You'd need to contact the school directly with such questions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1