Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Onions

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Dutchie, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I like Aldi. We have Aldi too in the US and they have the lowest veggie and snack prices of anyone but your prices in your part of the UK are way lower than our Aldi's. Eggs have increased 3-4 times what they were last year and meat is about 25% more. I actually bought some onions today and white was P130 .9 kg and yellow P140 for 1.36 kg. Interesting!

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  2. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    That is a great idea, we are encouraging my brother-in-law to start planting more edibles around the house in Dumaguete. We are growing our own bananas, grapes, grapefruits, papaya, and trying to keep our third mango plant alive. If you see our garden you know a Filipino lives here. Calamansi grows great in North Florida.

3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Although it may appear that everything in the garden is Rosy for me back home in UK, this is definitely not the case, especially since I am here on my own, the cost to run a House back here is hitting me hard, although my Hoose has 4 Beds and 2Baths it is quite compact and around 125M2 only, however it is well designed and has good insulation, 2 years ago, I was charged £200 a month for Council Tax, this includes water and sewage charge, plus street lighting and refuge collection, this has now risen to £240 then there was the energy cost which was £80 a month back then, this has now risen to £285, I do think there has been an over estimated charge going on here? and have since submitted meter readings to get this stabilised? above this rounded up figure of £525 I have expenses for WiFi, house insurance, boiler service, then there is house maintenance, plus the expense to run a Car which I hardly ever use, the cost to me per mile travelled likely cannot be justified? I'm not all that sure what this all amounts to but would guesstimate somewhere in the region of £750 per month? this is before I put food on my table, fortunately I do know my way around a Kitchen and can eat like a King and Drink like a Fish for very little money, I should mention I have become an Alcotech and make my own Beer at a cost of Pesos 20 per half litre and Wine at P100 a bottle.

There is one big advantage to living back in Scotland, all Medical care is completely free for us and that includes Prescriptions and Eye Tests, with only a small charge for Dental work, even then I get a 50% discount on this as I only have half the teeth I once had, Education here is completely free of charge right through to getting a PHD at University as long as it is in Scotland and not elsewhere in UK, This could be a great advantage to me if/when I am able to get my Phil Family over here and thus enable my son to be Educated here.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    Brown onions in Hypermarket today, better hurry they are only 750peso per kg :greedy: