Dumaguete Info Search

Ordering Starlink

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Randyb, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Randyb

Randyb DI Member Blood Donor

Retired
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Tried ordering Starlink online, to be delivered in Bais. In spite of multiple emails and promises from them, it never happened. Then I asked for a refund, seems that is going nowhere also. Anyone else had this happen? Am I just screwed for this rather large amount of money?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +452 / 12
    I bought mine in SM Mall in Cebu. Brother in law picked it up and will bring it over next week.

Tried to order online before but there were some issues. Connection always went down before the entire process could be completed.

So I was happy to find out that starting first of November all SM Malls in the Philippines are certified dealer of Starlink.

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +954 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    They will likely keep your money if they can.
    Go to a lawyer and pay a few hundred pesos to have the attorney threaten civil and criminal legal action if they don't send the money which is probably already spent. They probably have no linkage to starlink, they are probably just installers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Randyb

Randyb DI Member Blood Donor

Retired
    Ratings:
    +46 / 3
    Blood Type:
    B+
    This was all done on their official website.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +259 / 142
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +954 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Really? Are you sure? Can you send a link to this alleged site? Thanks in advance.

7. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +954 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
  8. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +954 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+

9. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    I have helped a few friends get orders from Starlink direct and done the installs. Dish and modems turned up with only issues regarding ship to address, needed to add a Google plus codes to get the order shipped, this added some back and forth with support which took an extra 2 weeks.
    Follow up orders of Starlink mesh modem and LAN adaptors were very slow (8-10 weeks) and one order for 5 mesh had only 1 shipped and the rest cancelled without notice. I think it might be massive demand. Still worth the wait as the internet service is very good for the money.
    Its a credit card charge on the Starlink account that you can contest the no delivery with your credit card provider. Reading the comments and info @ https://www.starlinkhardware.com/ I dont think they charge your card until its tagged as ready to ship in the Starlink account.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +452 / 12
    Starting 01.11.2023 Starlink is available at all SM Malls. SM is kind of a certified dealer of Starlink.

Hence I hesitated to order online I asked my brother in law to go to SM Mall in Cebu to get it there. No issues at all. He went, he paid, he got it. Now I am waiting for his arrival in Dumaguete and then I hope installation process will be smoothly.

I would recommend to go to Cebu and buy it personally. A trip to Cebu isn't a big thing. You can combine it maybe with other shoppings or stuff you have to do.

Just make sure it is available. Demand is enormous.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1