Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness Orthopedic Surgeon in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Edward K, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Did you use this doctor's services? Where is the doctor located?

Thanks

2. OP
    OP
    Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Friend went to Dr Oligario with mri and xrays. Doc said surgery is an option, but like to try a couple other things first without surgery, so far so good.. Dr Lynn Oligario is physical therapy and is good also.....
    Also, SUMC definitely has a working MRI machine in the MRI dept across from radiology. Installed in december, so could have done it here. Did the only way of getting real information in dumaguete, showed up at the front door.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Brian May

Brian May One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have had experiences with Dr Katada. Not a good ones. Had a shattered bone in my lower leg repaired at Silliman (internal stainless plates) by Dr. Katada. A complete disaster of a surgery. Had it redone 8 months later at Chong Hua (internal stainless plates). Done right that time. Cost was about the same (p150-180k) at both hospitals. When I went to the orth doc at CH he looked at the x-rays and asked me where I had the repair done. I told him Silliman and he rolled his eyes, said I had 6 non-union fractures, and that the plates used were too small.

Chong Hua ortho surgeon is the way to go. They know what they are doing there (though would be reluctant to have a hip or knee replacement done - my trust level is not yet that high for any RP hospital).

Am unsure what type of procedure you are going to have, Edward. A knee arthroscopy is day surgery in US (no overnight stay even with anesthesia). I have had my share of those (as well as knee ligament reconstruction and ultimately a total knee replacement) in US. Not sure that is the problem. Shoulders can be very tricky stuff (requiring specific expertice). A friend had a his repaired in Manila.

4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I know someone who had a (far less serious) operation at Silliman, costing about 90,000 (4 day stay) - not done well and repeated at Holy Child By Dr Henry Tan at a cost of 5,000 (done in about 15 minutes).

5. Deadeye

Deadeye DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Army

Disabled vet
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    hello folks im new to this area and need some advice..earlier this week was in a motor wreck and fractured my foot and separated my little toe from the bone..so the doctor said a silliman. he referred me to the new hospital (ACE).. he stated it (might) need screws or few pins do to the hairline fracture across center of foot..i honestly dont know what to do i here many bad things about silliman and the (above) postings..i read online that can heal in few months if you dont mess with it and stay off it..i just hate to have a surgery (1st time for surgery) and it all go wrong and have to do it again..i dont have alot money and only one left alive in my family so it has to be done right the first time...please give any and all input..

6. Deadeye

Deadeye DI Junior Member Blood Donor Veteran Army

Disabled vet
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Emmanuel P. Katada, MD is who i was told to use for ortho