Dumaguete Info Search

Oslob whale sharks

Discussion in 'Diving and Marine Life' started by DavyL200, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    another fine example of how an opera can be turned into a wh*re house here....

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    yeah it is a shame what is going on there.

All dive-shops I work for (as well as the foreign run I am in contact with) stopped going there a while ago. Sadly some of the high praised local dive-heroes and pioneers still support that circus to make some bucks.

I don't blame the guests of those operators as they probably don't have any knowledge, but when I hear some names now I can't help myself shaking my head in disgust, no matter what they have done in the past and how "responsible" they have been portrait in local medias.

3. Miguel

Miguel DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +109 / 39
    I was lucky to be there before the hype. Paid only entry 100 peso and jumped in. Banca was 300 peso for asawa. Total 400 peso. One more kano snorkeling around and 2 more small bancas with pinay. Whale sharks were very relaxed, not chased around. A memory for life :smile:

4. rev

rev One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gass is wrong beach resort dose not allow butandings as surfboards

gass is wrong the beach resort dose not allow the use of butandings as surfboards.:smile::smile:

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    EVERBODY who still brings people there supports that stupid moneymaking circus and is a unprofessional, irresponsible id@^!

... not sure if you are "somehow and accidentally" connected with the following:

source: http://www.pinas.net

the article aslo talks about the daily income and...:

I just can speculate, but if you are connected or even are Neville Behin, you fall for me pretty much in the category mentioned above.

By the way, with the sign up you agreed not to promote or write for any business, for a friends business, etc, so please stick to what you agreed !

... I mean of course just in the unlikely event you have any connections with that Neville Behin.

6. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    A few weeks ago whilst fishing at bais sandbar we had a whale shark visit us several times whilst on the boat, and again today just after I left an overnight trip to sandbar cottage I had a txt from friend who owns the boat saying the whale sharks were very close in near the cottages,he was out there on his kayak with them! So no need for oslob any more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.