Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Can you please stop. I was only half joking about not mentioning the place. Promote the city you like all you want. I'm not looking for a debate about the place or looking to compare it to anything else.

I do feel this site is partially responsible for ruining Valencia. I have learned my lesson about promoting places I like to the elderly. Won't happen again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    It is clearly a matter of personal opinion. I wish every expat thought like you did. Every expat who moves to Ormoc City is one more who will not be coming to Dumaguete. Yayyyyy! There is a saying "the more the merrier" but there is also a saying "too many cooks spoil the broth". With all the expert expats coming to Dumaguete to solve all the problems they have here, I find the second saying the more apt. Enjoy Ormoc.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    siquijorhospital.jpg

Looks like a post-apocalyptic building or something from a horror movie. Funny thing is it was built in 1982. But hey, you get what you pay for. If you want to be treated in modern hospital you will need to pay modern prices.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    No but there is a thread in this forum about it. There are many upgrades coming to Bayawan: Some adventure parks, a bigger mall (Puregold) (u/c), a new hospital is near of completion, another shopping house (Primark) and some more.

Bais is another candidate:
    It will get two middle sized malls (Gaisano and Citymall) (already u/c) and one hospital.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • Thread split from another topic.
    Found an interesting competiviteness index about the cities and municipalities. On Neg Or and in the category Component Cities year 2017 there are ranked
    Bayawan 44th and one of the most improved city.
    Dumaguete 46th
    Bais 94th
    Tanjay 97th

As a comparison
    Naga (Cam Sur) 2nd
    Ormoc 19th
    Tagum 3rd

The list seems quite correct for me.
    I evaluated the comparisoned cities as a possible future living place and could agree with the list.

Bais and Bayawan will get another leap ahead in the future due more improvements coming up. (Hospitals, malls and more)

The surprise is that Bayawan is already in front of Dumaguete, even if many improvements are still not being complete there.

• Like Like x 2