Dumaguete Info Search

Our Valencia guest house build

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by DeRail, May 11, 2015.

1. OP
    OP
    DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    Just a little. Update finish is going on the walls most of the electrical is done. trusses are getting welded again notice the feet welding with flip flops. floors are being tamped should be getting poured in the next week
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    That's some control box for a smallish House.

JP:wink:

3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Jack...you beat me to the punch; a transfer switch and at least 10 circuits (just counting the PVC). Perhaps the panel will feed other buildings as I could not imagine there being 10 or so circuits in that guest house.

Every thing is looking good and seems to be coming together pretty quick.

Shawn

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    I am a master electrician house is being wired to US standards each appliance has its own circuit refrigerator. microwave,hot water, all 3 A/C units, 2 lighting circuits, 2 GFCI circuits ( dirty kitchen,3 counter top. CR, outside outlets,) transformer and convenience recpts and drive way lights

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I hear you, wired my house to US standards mostly. I could not find GFI receptacles so went with an Italian panel and Korean Din style GFCI breakers. Looks like you used a local panel that uses 2 pole breakers...did you bond your ground and neutral at the panel?

I put my fridge on its own circuit, 10 amp breaker. 2 appliance circuits as well; honestly it is 240 give or take here...I have never tripped a breaker and never will.

Curious where you got the GFCI breakers or receptacles.

Shawn

6. OP
    OP
    DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    Shawn i was told at Polaris that the had them in stock . I hope i was not just getting the( I have no idea what the F#%$ you are talking about) smile and yes sir.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    Sorry it has been a while since I have posted I came back to the states for a couple of months of work a few weeks ago here are a few pics of the house before I left and a few that honey sent this past week [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I wouldn't mind being a "guest" there for a couple years. :wink:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    It will be home for a year or so till we finish the main house. we also have a deal in the works to buy the lot next to us it has no access so the price is right we want to build 2-3 small 1br bungalows for rentals is the idea. we got in our property for a good price now the road is in the works prices are rising fast. I think the location is very quiet and secluded but close to town it would make a great location for expats.our total cost for lot and house right now is less than 1.3m pesos house cost about 800k and about another 100k+ for the last few touches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It looks like a place I would be very interested in renting. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding tenants in that area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1