Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Question Overstay

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by artpepper88, Apr 5, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    No dilemma. You can apply for extension 14 days early which means you can apply now, no need to wait.

A 30 day extension is really a one month extension, adding a month to your Visa and does not matter if or how many days early you applied. Current expiration is 15 April + 30 day extension = 15 May expiration (even if you had applied on April 1st)

If you have been here less than 6 months, you are then good. If 6-12 months you need to get an ECC but can get it at the airport. If over 12 months you need an ECC from a full BI office (not available in Duma). There are ECC threads for more details if needed.

If you were to overstay, the BI told me the fee is p1,050 back in January.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Hi Always, thanks for your response - it's exactly what I wanted to know... Whilst Lorraine and I have been here almost 2 years, the conditions of receiving (a very limited) age pension from both Australia and New Zealand mean we have to put both feet on the ground in Australia, even overnight, within 26 weeks of footing it last time. So we never get to "stay" here for more than 6 months - usually just a few days short...

• Like Like x 2
  3. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hi, The first visa extension is 29 days, so 14 May expiration.
    Mark

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    artpepper88

artpepper88 DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +98 / 43
    Hmmmm, that could work... Thanks.