Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Pacos Tacos Valencia

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by PatO, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you are driving on the lower side of the park it is on the left between the hard structure stalls. (In the alley/walk way that leads to the fruit/vegetable open air market.) There is a fairly large sign that says "Pacos Tacos" sitting near the road. Their stall looks like an old west covered wagon.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Had lunch there today. We had 4 different items and all were great. We are very happy we took the time to find the place. Very courteous and friendly cook. We will definitely put this on our list of places to eat at each week.

The sign only has the name on one side. But when you see the cactus looking sign, that's the place.
    The seating could be better but the food is excellent.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'll try. Coming from Bagacay when you enter Valencia drive until you see the park (on left) turn left onto the road in front of the park and about 2/3 of the way down in the middle of the shops (on the left as the park is on your right) you should see a green cactus sign (about 6 foot tall) right there is the taco stand in a small trailer looks kinda like a covered wagon. Has small red table and chairs (plastic) out front to sit and eat your food. I'm not great with directions but I hope this helps. If not maybe someone with better knowledge of the area can assist you.

DaveD

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A minor WTF though. Was heading there for a breakfast burrito at 10:30, just to find out they were not open yet. I thought breakfast was to be eaten in the morning ;-)

5. ogahong

ogahong DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Portions are small and unfortunately prices are on the bigger side. But still an okay option considering Valencia limited offers. For mexican food, more homemade style, Taco Tayo between Robinsons and Bacong is to me of much better value then Pacos Tacos.

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    There are stretches where I'm at Taco Tayo every day. I try to hit Paco's Taco's when he sets up in GieGie's on Saturdays. You have to try them both. They are made differently and each have their unique things I like. If Paco's Taco's were in Dumaguete, then I would probably switch off every day between the two.

And I'm not sure you can compare these two places on value since they are in two different cities. For me, a commute would negate differences in value.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I really like Paco Taco's myself but also found the prices a bit steep. However considering Valencia and the options their it was far better then running downtown if you live up there. Yet while the prices were a bit steep I really love the food which makes a big difference to me. I'll pay the extra price for good quality food happily. Also for instance Paco Taco's soft taco's fill me up much more then a soft taco from Taco Tayo's while the Taco Tayo soft taco is cheaper. Kind of balances itself out and both taco's are nice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1