Dumaguete Info Search

"Parking attendant" vandalism?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by mokum, Sep 22, 2015.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    i kinda like the (authorized?) parking boys cuz they keep parking organized in an unorganized society, without them there'd be considerably less parking slots available due to inconsiderate people who will take up as many as 3 spaces with a big black suv.

it'd also be nice if they could keep vehicles, especially motorbikes, from parking on the sidewalks, maybe if pedestrians gave them a tip?

one thing i don't appreciate is the ear piercing whistles, i mean, how the hell can you tell what the various tweets mean without an official parking manual???

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I wouldn't want to drive anything which I would be sad over being scratched, banged up or being peed on. I'm thinking Mad Max with a similar attire so that nobody would want to mess with me. FFS, I'm a "rich" long nose. What do I need with a nice bike or car to actually prove it and get chicks? :greedy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I wonder if the parking people at Robinson's have some sort of agreement or are employed by Robinson's?

Since this is something that's not going away, the city should hire people and charge for parking at each of the hot spots. Then they could use the money for some sort of insurance and pay people who can actually be accountable.

Maybe something to post on the FB page of the mayor. :wink:

On the other hand, I suppose that I would be much like hiring people to beg outside of McD's to raise money for the poor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I had the same question a couple days ago. A shrug of the shoulder was the best answer I could get from my gf. I think the Robinsons' parking boys have a vest or ID of some sort so I think Robinsons has some control over who is parking bikes.....but I'm willing to bet that they wouldn't take responsibility for any damages made by those guys.

I'm pretty sure that in some locations around town you get the job by being the first guy to show up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A friend on a small sports bike had his side stand broken off as they tried the regular, lean-it-in-the-stand-and-turn-around thing on it. Don't think he got any compensation for that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    I think the CSWD office issues the IDs for those parking guys. So complain there.

The reverend at Silliman Hospital complained to a parking boy there that the boy makes more money than he does-so why should he pay to park? Next day his scooter seat was slashed-he complained to CSWD and the boy was transferred but not fired etc.

Rumor is the guard at the hospital makes the parking boys give him a cut in order to be allowed on hospital's parking lot..

Lots of places to park near the hospital without having to park there

7. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I personally don't mind then 95% of the time. They park my bike and pull it out and when its sunny cover it (the lady hates hot seats) and when rains wipe it off (somewhat). Without them there would be a lot less parking spaces and 99% don't give a d*mn about how they park or how much room they take up. With cars I could see it from a different point though as they act like they are helping you backup and park and then expect money for really having no purpose.

What I do hate is when your someplace that does NOT need a parking attendant of any sort yet they are there and pushing for money. I've seen a number of business's that tend to always have parking space available and parking attendants will be their expecting something because they know the place is frequented.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. butitor

butitor DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I can say 100% of the time I give Php 2-5 (motorcycle) to these guys unless they didnt see me. And when Im out of coins, I usually tell them that I will be back to purchase some stuff so I can settle for loose coins. I see some level of prejudice to parking boys/attendants. They come very useful during late nights while your vehicle is parked in eerie areas. Now to you guys out there who got their seats slashed, door locks vandalised, tires aired out, MAYBE you had some problems with them. Im a local by the way and Im sorry for my bad english.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    "Im a local by the way and Im sorry for my bad English."
    Your English is fine.

Parking boys do not have the most glamorous of jobs but it's a living. It puts food on the table.
    If they could get a better job I am sure they would.
    When someone tries to "park and drive" without paying, then of course they are going to be pissed.
    They do remember you, very well. When i'm leaving if no one is visible I make an effort to find them (and they know this).
    Occasionally I have no coins and pay them in cigarettes, if they don't smoke they do have a friend that does. They appreciate the respect. Everyone does.
    I don't have any trouble.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I had my seat slashed at MacD by the park. I'm pretty sure, I would have noticed when I parked if it had been done before. I made of point of photographing the two attendants. I have not seen them since.