Dumaguete Info Search

Sibulan Best Posts in Thread: Parking / Entrance fees Sibulan Airport

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Drove to airport this morning at 430 am, informed security that I would park overnight and was charged 150 peso and given ticket...

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We are going to the Embassy Thurs morning and will leave the car at the Airport parking Thurs and pickup Fri morning, will update all on the results... have a baby and do not want to tryke from Valencia or even from Mall at 430 am.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hans Boot

Hans Boot DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +165 / 27
    Update on the parking fee at Sibulan Airport:
    We just returned from a 5-day trip to Manila and left the car at the parking lot. Upon entering the airport area, we were asked whether just a drop-off or pick-up. When we stated that we intended to leave the car there for a few nights, the lady in charge hopped on her scooter and told us to follow her. We parked the car in the parking lot (ample room) and I started unloading our luggage while The Government dealt with the papertrail involved. It included copying information from an ID card, identifying existing damages on the vehicle on an official document and ended by paying the parking fee of PHP 150 per day/night (in our case PHP 750 for 5 nights). Upon returning we were met by the security person that remembered us from 5 days earlier (I had expressed my dissatisfaction with the papertrail and seemingly ridiculous modus operandi), and were asked if we needed any assistance (like loading our travel bags in the car).
    Apparently the place is secure (especially during the night) and any damages to the car while being parked there are a matter for the insurance incorporated in the parking fee. Obviously I can only guess how a claim would be handled - I have no first-hand experience...
    Bottom line: If you can take the burocracy after parking the car and want it in an apparent safe place while on trip AND are willing to part from PHP 150 per day/night, it's an option. Remember though that parking at Robinsons is for free and a return trip by trike Robinsons - Airport is a mere PHP 200.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. danbandanna

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, forgot to mention but Name and Car ID. Just took a couple minutes and they told me to park at the arrival lot .. picked up a 1pm next day no problem

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Parking a day for 150 php is very cheap for airport parking. In Switzerland a day parking at airports can costs quite up to more then US$ 150. (Yeah a flight can be cheaper than the parking LOL!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Sure, but again you park your car in a safe area, honestly I wonder sometimes when I hear expats discuss how much they pay for example potatoes, if one pay 70 pesos and another pay 80 pesos haha, sorry I found it funny, nothing better to do?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Prices should be compared to local standards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When we collect or deliver our daughter at the airport, my wife just says " picking someone up " and never pays.
    :devilish:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Well Hans, that was my Thinking security and damage, 5 days with all that movement of Traffic going on( often watched the 5 or more min Parking maneuvers with some bumps involved) but I sit and wonder if an abandoned Vehicle issue would be raised ( Depending on the age of the said vehicle.) Where we fear some fall down on many aspects of Security things, they can be sometimes more Forward on Others. Looking at the Shotguns the Parking/Traffic Security Guards pack, One Wonders how far they take the Security issue there.

Anyway as you say there are Options. Mine would be to leave the car at Home and ride in to the Airport.:thumbsup:

JP :bag: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1