Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Pasta King

1. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    Went to Pasta King a couple of weeks ago arriving at 11:50 a.m. for lunch. Asked for lasagna to give it another try as the last time it was dismal. The answer this time , " No Stock". That's it for us. Have tried it 4 times with the current owner. It is sad to say the least. Penny wise and pound foolish. Cutting quality, very noticeable, and serving size, not that we are big eaters at all but none the less. If they are trying to run the place totally out of business they are doing a good job of that. We used to go there often with the previous ownership.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    You want real italian with an Italian chef ?? Go to Richie and Iris' new Esturya, Marco's work is fantastic (like the raviolis) and check the specials, omg. If you like al dente, go. If you like ur pasta mushy and tasteless try elsewhere. Best in Duma by far... (dinner only so far)..

On Hibbard just up from Tres Bistro between Bianco and Aldecoa....

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    I always love to hear about new places and Esturya, though I do pass by many times, was not aware, there wa a resto. So visited the place last evening. Upon entering it already gives you the right atmosphere. The furniture is well chosen. Chairs are really comfortable to sit, no rocking tables that you have to ask for a piece of carton to make it steady, an aircon on the right temperature and not like in some places antartic cold. The lights also well chosen. So all the ingredients for a nice diner. The menu has enough choices of various pasta meals. The drinking list is more than outstanding. But what I still do not understand, if you invest so much in a place like this, why on earth is it so difficult that when two people go out for diner and make their orders, one almost has finished his meal while the other still waiting in spite of both staff in kitchen and resto know there's a couple dining. Last but not least, why did I have to wait more than 10 minutes before I got my change. When it finally comes I got a dozen or more 5 and 10 peso coins and a bunch of 20 peso banknotes as wrinkled as can be.
    Even when my food was tasteful, not sure will give it another try.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Swissrider

Swissrider DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    You want real italian with an Italian chef ?? Go to Richie and Iris' new Esturya, Marco's work is fantastic (like the raviolis) and check the specials, omg. If you like al dente, go. If you like ur pasta mushy and tasteless try elsewhere. Best in Duma by far... (dinner only so far)..

On Hibbard just up from Tres Bistro between Bianco and Aldecoa....

Copy from Edward K

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I fully agree. A tip should be reduced or not given only if the staff seem disinterested in serving the customer BUT in the case of Pasta King I found the staff there to be exceptionally pleasant and the service extremely good. I also have a policy of wealth distribution, where every tip or donation I make is to help improve the living standards of people who have very little. If we always want something back for every peso we give then perhaps we are not as kind as we think we are. In our own countries we would give a certain sum of money as a tip but perhaps here we reduce that level because the cost of eating out is low - but we still probably eat as much as we did before, so perhaps our criterion is wrong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That is not the purpose of a tip. You are screwing the staff by not tipping. The wait staff have no control over the food preparation, ingredients or serving sizes. A tip supplements their low income and is also the owner of the restaurant dumping their payroll responsibilities and responsibility to pay a decent wage on to the customers so that their menu prices can stay deceptively low. It is NOT there to be used as a weapon against poorly paid staff.

Of course she asked. She asked what the problem was and you refused to give an answer, making it impossible for her to relay a dissatisfied customer's complaint to the owner/chef. Not only did you screw her over, you refused to explain how the problem could be remedied. They can't read your mind.

Bad, bad customer! Now, where's my rolled up newspaper and water bottle?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My wife and I have found (and I know this is not an ideal solution) that if we order the same menu item then the chances of being served together are greatly increased.... it has worked for us at many places but results may vary LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Looks like I am not the only one that noticed the place is going down step by step.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    Sorry guys, if the Lasagna at Pasta King is out of stock... it's my fault cz I eat it all :-) I really love their Lasagna, the perfect one with an extra shot of meaty sauce, my absolute favorite and the best in town, just for my tongue. Didn't try anything else there so far... May Pasta King stay here forever or as long as I do

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    The purpose of a tip isn’t to augment anyone’s income either. It’s voluntarily given, not obligatory. If owners want to pass the burden of the staff’s salary to customers, then they should charge a service fee that will form a part of the bill. No one should demand for tips especially if the food is crap. In an ideal world, no one should demand for payment if their food is crap.

• Like Like x 3