Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia Pavements

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by charlyB, Mar 14, 2023.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    I know the pavement situation in Dumaguete is dire so sometimes there is no choice but to walk on the road but here in the Valencia surrounding areas there has been a lot of really good road improvements completed and in some places there are long wide pavements.
    Every day i drive around there it amazes me the amount of people i see that for some reason unknown (to me) have an aversion to use them and walk on the road making the beautiful expensive (i think) wide roads slightly narrower.
    Seems like the pavements are another example of wasted money.

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    Some Roads in City Centres here in UK have been turned into Pedestrian walkways, yet people still keep to the pavements
    Suppose its a case of what people are use to doing :happy:

3. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,092 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I think you have it all wrong do you not? Footpaths and their intended use are for parking Motorbikes and setting up their penny stalls. Silly you they are not for walking on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    I see where you are coming from and agree in a lot of cases but the areas i am referring to have quite high kerbs, way too much hassle to get a motorbike up there so they are are still parked on the road, also there are very few if any stalls so no excuse for not using the pavement for walking.
    Should have just made the road the full width.

• Agree Agree x 2