Dumaguete Info Search

paypal

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by expatron, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yup, it's ok for tangible goods you can prove you shipped. Stuff like load is d*mn near impossible to prove that it was received, at least in the eyes of PayPal. I never had a problem with someone saying they didn't receive load though. It was the amount of stolen cards used that made PayPal impossible to use. 90% of my time was spent dealing with PayPal fraud department. When I switched to Google Checkout the fraud prevention tools they had were much much better, total control over every transactions before anything was approved. However, selling load violates the terms of use for Google (only tangible goods can be sold with their services). Once I go back to work over seas I will work on getting local payment options setup (gcash, smart money, BDO, BPI and so on).

2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Is security still a prolbem?

I haven't used paypall for years because I was constantly getting phishing emaila looking for account names and passwords saying my account had been compromised. I had concerns that there were a lot of security issues going on. Is that still a problem with phsihing emails? Without the accounts open I do not get those type of emails any longer.

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It will happen with any popular website especially when money is involved. It's not just PayPal.

4. filmdude

filmdude Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a pay pal account. in the us tied to a us bank. I have a PI pay pal account tied to a dollar account at BPI. This is how I get my us money. I pay pal myself from the us pay pal to the PI pay pal and transefer to the BPI account. It cost me 5. us for every 1000. never had a problem

5. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    I used Paypal for a number of years now and no problems.
    You got to be wise though....
    1) Never click on a Paypal link posted to you by the seller but log in through the official website.
    2) Install on your pc a security program which allows you to use a virtual keyboard such as Kaspersky.
    3) Never close the web page without having logged off first.
    4) Ensure the payment went through and got deposited into your Paypal account before sending any good.
    5) The exchange rate is poor and the commission fee sucks.
    6) I would be more concerned about sending/receiving goods in the Phils then paying by Paypal.
    7) Change your password regularly.
    8) Link Paypal to an account which has just the right amount to cover for the transaction and fees, just in case.

Hope it helps.

Ciao, Marco.