Dumaguete Info Search

Pediatrician

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by JROK, Oct 26, 2012.

1. JROK

JROK DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Any recommendations for a good doctor for a 1 year old?

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    We have used Dr. Ongkingko at Silliman for the last 13 months since our boy was born. He is extremely knowledgable and experienced and has kept up with the American Ped. Standards. He has a clinic Mon-Sat from 11:30-1:30, more crowded on Saturdays. His office fee is not high.

3. OP
    OP
    JROK

JROK DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Great, thanks!

On a related note do you know if the OB Gyn Corazon (dont remember last name) is still at Siliman? We saw her 2 times last year but ended up in Luzon for the birth. If I remember correctly you did the write up on the costs and experience with delivery at Siliman and I think that's where we initially picked up on Siliman and Corazon. I would PM this but either I'm to new to be allowed or I just don't realize how. Anyways, just in case you know since we are going there next week and would prefer her.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    Dr. Corazon Uy is still at Silliman. She did the right thing with my wife, tried to induce labor for a natural childbirth and then finally realized the baby was too big and performed a successful C-Section. We liked her and the way she handled the 9 month process.