Dumaguete Info Search

How to Personal Goods

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by eskirvin, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Mom Miriam

Mom Miriam DI Member

Pandemic-Surviving Oma
    Ratings:
    +209 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Please feel free to correct if I read wrong but I perceived your post meant to say an only option for small projects is the man with the nail on the stick because bigger companies or licensed professionals do not care to accept or handle such projects.

So I replied by citing existing construction regulation - to declare the legal reason that makes the undertaking of small projects,
    neither requiring a licensed architect nor civil engineer, professionally unethical for bigger companies or licensed professionals to accept or handle, in addition to obvious economic reason that small projects barely produce viable income for any construction outfit that maintains foremen and skilled workers at wages well above the minimum rate.

And then I further replied to suggest a foreman's outfit as a practical, alternative option in between a bigger company and the man with the nail on a stick, that is, if I rightly construe that your idiom refers to a skilled worker singly handling projects on his own.

There is a list of foremen's outfits duly registered with the DTI and locally licensed with Mayor's Permit for the asking from an office but it should not be publicly posted lest privacy of personal data be violated. I could also point out the old public buildings and private structures in Negros Oriental being maintained by local foreman outfits but advertising these foremen's businesses is none of my concern.

Suffice it to say that, if you are not up to DIY, there could be two options for small projects: the foreman outfit and the man with nail on a stick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. OP
    OP
    eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    There's a form linked on this page for a "No Dollar Importation Program" that isn't mentioned other than the link. At a guess, this form is used for the "Once in a lifetime" import of your own motor vehicle. Not impossible, but certainly misleading, if this form meant you still had to pay everything. https://www.philippineconsulatela.o...portation-of-certain-items-to-the-philippines

3. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Dated 2012 but i think it still means that once you get your 13A you have only 60 days in which to import durty free.

Customs Regulations: Customer must be present for Customs clearance. Shipments must NOT arrive before the visa is approved. The shipment should arrive within 60 days of the owner’s arrival. All shipments are subject to inspection. All Household goods and personal effects must be in the possession of the shipped at least 6 months. Additional charges incurred for storage or customs delays will be the customer’s responsibility. Used household goods and personal effects are allowed to be imported into the Philippines but the tax and duty exemption amount varies depending on the type of passport and visa the client has. Returning Filipino nationals must have lived abroad for a minimum of 6 continuous months to

• Like Like x 1
  4. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    https://ottawape.dfa.gov.ph/ this may help.

5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    • Informative Informative x 3