Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Pesky Flies.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Jack Peterson, Jul 6, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We tried one of those catering Elec things also,complete waste of p1000

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Jack, Boric acid just makes animals that can do so fart. It kills rats because they can't fart. Boric acid is food industry safe pest control in the US.

3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    That was why I asked about the bigger Fly, seems you may you need a fair zap of Voltage to kill the Blighters. :tinfoil:

4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Ah well that is a different story EH? we know how things differ.:rolleyes: I rang my wife but she got the Shoulder Shrug, if I go it will be out of Stock.jpg :arghh: Which will put me back to square one:meh:

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    The tennis racquet thing kills all flies inc the very large ones especially when they get stuck in the wires and fry and pop.
    Now we also mop all floors and surfaces with pinesol everyday and this seems to keep them away to some extent.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I searched but couldn't find, I thought I remembered a thread where a member posted success with a bug zapper he purchased from CDR King. Even went back and bought another larger unit for his patio I think?

7. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I tried to spray the flies with alcohol but they decided alcohol is a good thing and all jumped into the beer for more. Perhaps if they get enough of it then they will all die from alcohol poisoning. At the very least they will all be flying drunk and will crash into each other and die from internal injuries, at least that is the hope.

Perhaps I should spray them with soap? Everyone knows drunks don't like to wash so maybe drunken flies will p*ss off rather than wash with soap? I thought about using boric acid but the flies just circled around in droves like they all wanted to try acid. Oh well. I know they like Coke so I decided not to go for acid.

I did find out that using a fan works, but it also blows the napkins and cigarette butts and everything not nailed down all over the place. I really have no solutions so I'm just relating what does NOT work.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds like you were blown away by the fan idea, were you just trying to blow them off or were you using/have you seen something like this?

9. mirohu

mirohu DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Use a 1.5 or 2 liter plastic coke bottle.
    Cut off the top 1/3 of the bottle and remove cap.
    Put some raw meat in the bottom section.
    Invert the top section and push into the bottom section so it is secure, can use tape if needed.
    The flies will come down the funnel shape thru the hole and become trapped.
    When the meat rots the flies will love it more, not great for the dining room table but can be hung with string from various places outside.

Many good ideas on pinterest and google images, just search homemade fly catcher.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    look into pinterest for fly recipes for mosquitos place a handful of garlic cloves pierced with a fork in a jar and cover with hot water over an inch, put in the sun a few days and then set by the open doorway maybe it will repel flies too