Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Pesky Flys!

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    These flies have got a lot worse over the last week or so,I made a bottle trap,caught zero flies,hung the elec zapper outside,limited sucsess,two stlicky fly papers outside and again limited success.
    Only way to keep them off is inside the house with door shut with fan on high!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Sorry to hear the plastic bottle did not work. I have a problem with flies on my porch. Maybe they are attracted to the smelly shoes & sandals. The other day I placed 2 sticky fly mats on the porch by the shoes, which I bought at Handyman Hardware. Caught lots of flies. The wind blew over the sticky matts so I placed the corner of the mat under a leg of porch furniture -- no problem with wind since.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Frodo

Frodo DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 18
    Three ideas from pinterest: in a small clear sandwich bag or ziploc fill halfway with water and add 4 or 5 pennies, hang this near the door or use outdoors too. At the table set a clear glass half filled with water and add 4 or 5 pennies. In a small bowl place half a lemon and stick it full of cloves, lasts a few days. If your American friends do not have pennies, Canadian friends may have pennies, maybe the 10 centavos will work. Good luck, be fly free.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1