Dumaguete Info Search

Peso to the US Dollar

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by PatO, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Check the price/demand of world oil markets, for some reason oil goes up dollar goes down and vice versa. Not always but usually, since oil is sold in dollars. When it is cheap, there is demand for the dollar to buy it, when it is not in high demand or is high in cost, then little demand for the dollar to purchase it.

I have watched this for a while and have not been surprised with the fluctuation with the dollar versus any currency.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Well done :jimlad: ........... :smile:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Screenshot_20200604-065714.png Screenshot_20200604-065722.png

I haven't broke it down into local vs foreign spending but I would guess around 80-90% of my spending last month went directly into the local economy. The money I spend overseas is mainly on video streaming and financial services...something that the local economy just can't or doesn't provide for my needs. My two biggest expense groupings are home expenses (rent/utilities) and food items (alcohol/cigarettes/restaurants/groceries). I convert all purchase into USD at a rounded off exchange rate of P50 to the dollar at time of purchase.

Attached Files:

4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    You're correct now I check the actual history. It reached just over P73 pre-Brexit and recovered in 2018 to P75. Has been in decline since.