Dumaguete Info Search

Ph not opening its border to international tourism until the second half of 2021

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Very well said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    20% of common cold viruses are corona viruses. This one is dangerous for at risk individuals over 70. So was the seasonal flu of 2018 that took 80,000 Americans. Why didn't we shut our world down then?
    The overwhelming majority infected with covid 19 either have mild symptoms, or don't know they have it at all.
    Go to the CDC report dated August 26. Just 6% of the U.S. deaths from covid 19 are soley from covid. 94% had significant comorbidities and at the extremes of age.
    If you're at risk, quarantine.

jimf
    This message by jimf has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Abhorrent! Abhorrent! x 1
  3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Grateful that you deniers do not determine policy

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'm not sure what you see anyone denying. I'm glad I don't make policy either because I don't want the heat. @jimf just presented some facts. Do you deny they are facts?

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Will you ever let this topic rest? Everything has already been said.

It seems some people have an uncontrollable need to have the last word and the last word again after that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I'd love to let it rest, honestly. I'll always provide my support to opinions I agree with, in the absence of anyone else's support.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I do have to admit myself voluntarily to the 'last word' camp - but I think the subject will never be resolved because opinions are as polarised as which sport's team is the best (gangs of people fight over that (or use it as an 'excuse to fight' more likely)) or whether God exists and which religion is the legit one (people kill over that).

History will tell us which opinions were 'more right' as I don't think anyone will be entirely correct on this new (so previously unknown) disease.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    But this is not what the media wants us to think. Stop using data and you brain and be afraid, the media and their ad revenue demands it!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    There is no "secret agreement" between media (owners, staff of newspapers/television/radio/internet outlets) about what they should or should not report on, nor about the colour palette they should use when reporting news stories. The only countries where such stuff happens are China and a few other dictatorships, where news organizations are expected/forced to tow the line and/or journalists are frightened to do their job.
    Any notion of such a conspiracy in countries that cherish free speech deserves to be forcefully denied.
    Neither is there any market force that leads to "the media" all reporting on the same stuff or in the same way. At most you could say that human curiosity will encourage "clickbait" (inaccurate/embellished headlines) at those news outlets that are known as "tabloids" when printed, as part of their marketing ploy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.