Best Posts in Thread: PhilHealth

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Depends when you were listed, before Ist July 2017 I was listed on my wife's phil-health and it cost me nothing. :happy: Just 2,300 for the wife and I'm included.:cigar:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Ask your wife to see another person at the philhealth or ask to the manager. I tried to google search but no luck there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes, CharlyB. Just asked asawa ko. Every time she pays she ask for a printout with my name and my pin number as a dependent.
    But she had to pay P4200 this year, don't know why, maybe because I used philhealth last year after 2 nights in SUMC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just asked the wife again to confirm what she paid. Last year 3,600, this year 4,200. It's on her receipts. Not a clue why your wife's Phil Health is cheaper!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You should inquire at one of the Phil-heath office, He might be entitled to free cover (don't quote me on that) Won't be higher because of his age.
    Only covers basic cover.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Correct. If you were in a private room you can be held until you pay. If not, you still must sign a promissory note guaranteed by a mortgage or a co-signer to be released. It can be googled at Philippines Administrative Order 2008-0001. Most poor foreigners do not have mortgages or have friends who will co-sign the note but that is a possibility, however, failing that you will be held. I do not think the person I knew would have stayed in a private room unless the choice is between private room or open air hospital ward (do they have semi-private here?). In any case, he couldn’t get out until the wife got a loan from a friend in the USA. That took a few days during which the patient was charged for room and meals. The bill was several hundred K php.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ozzyguy

Ozzyguy DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +364 / 182
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Someone once told me they had Medivac insurance and it was only about $150 USD a year. Anyone know anything about this type of cover?

It coved if something went bad the policy holder would get all expenses paid to fly them to any hospital in the world. On his policy he had listed two hospitals he would want to be taken too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    It is good to have insurance against accidents here but of course the big ones not covered are heart attacks, strokes and such. I think US companies do not bother with it but they do offer accidental death life-insurance hoping that people don’t figure out it is only covering for deaths by accidents like car crashes etc..Me too on going home for serious illness. Use Phil Health to get you into the hospital, self-insure for the short term treatments and fly home to take care of the expensive long term stuff like heart bypass, cancer treatment etc.. which in both of our covered by national health insurance.

• Like Like x 2
  9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I think Phil Health, which is heavily subsidized by the federal government, is deemed a “right” for Filipino citizens. Foreigners actually subsidize it heavily too by out-of-proportion premiums and lower benefits. They do not give a justification for this so we can only speculate that they are looking for ways to relieve their serious budget shortfalls. The one reason I purchase it is because, if you have a Phil health card, the hospitals will not turn you away in an emergency due to lack of money. If you have a heart attack but do not happen to have the cash to pay for it in your wallet when you are brought to the emergency room , they supposedly will not have admit you without someone else having to get the money for you or somehow clear your credit card at admitting as you are left untreated in the meantime. That is the only reason I have it. My understanding is that they might cover up to 25% of the actual cost at a hospital like Silliman. If I were younger I frankly wouldn’t bother with it. And you still have to pay first before they let you leave; a security guard makes sure you have authorization. If you cannot come up with the cash or credit card payment they will allow you to sign a promissory note that requires you to put real estate up for collateral (but many do not have real estate, made more difficult because we cannot own land, only condos).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not sure if you mean me. New members after 1st July have to pay the 17k whatever it is now, (talking about foreigners.) As for me it's free. Used phil-health this March.

• Like Like x 1