Dumaguete Info Search

PhilHealth

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by aussieboy, Dec 11, 2020.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just asked the wife again to confirm what she paid. Last year 3,600, this year 4,200. It's on her receipts. Not a clue why your wife's Phil Health is cheaper!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Just checked with my wife. We paid 3,600 pesos. She said the 3,600 is for the minimum coverage, it seems there are better levels of coverage available. She had no info on the better plans.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Was it this year?

4. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    My father in law has the basic free insurance. What I'm trying to understand is if it makes sense to pay less than $100/year to get better coverage. My mother in law died from cancer and for what I paid I could have paid $100/year and probably been much better off. Someone also mentioned different levels in a recent thread. Private hospitals may be more likely to work with different levels of coverage, assuming that's how PhilHealth works. My understanding is that people are literally dying to get into the public hospitals. In Manila, my brother in law waited 24 hours before giving up.

Essentially what I'm trying to understand is if paying $100/yr is a better option than just taking the free senior insurance.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  5. greko

greko DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Just signed up. Don't know if it is worth it. It is 15,000 for SRRV visa and 17,000 for others. For a new application, the effectivity is after the 9th month of application. So I believe you are not covered right away for anything major.
    You need a 1x1 headshot picture for the card and your birth certificate, and a copy of your visa/passport.

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Yes. Just last week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    We did not realize that the effectively was so long! We thought we had to show receipts, when requesting admission, for 2 months payment plus MDR. Anyway, your information is more current and I am sure more accurate than mine People reading this should assume 9 months. Wow. Anyway, keep all your payment receipts handy plus the MDR’s they issued you go to admitting. It might even be needed for emergency (not sure about emergency admissions, this as I stated earlier). We have never used it (15k SRRV plan) and we are not sure if it us worth it either, never having made a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    My wife went to the Philhealth office yesterday to ask if i am covered on her policy, they said no i have to have my own cover at 15000 or 17000, she showed them a printout dated April 2016 that lists me as a dependant but it was still a big NO :greedy:

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm surprised at that, I read that the cut of date was 1st July 2016.

10. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Got my own philhealth for like 10 years, now being charged 17k plus they wanted to back-charge us for last year while we paid the normal amount.

When my wife asked the next cassier explaining we already paid 2020 like we always do in january the back charge would be dropped.

I desided to wait it out, not sure if i will continue this philhealth. Would be 17k for this year for a service which might be bankrupted already. And how much will they charge foreigners next year?

I still have an european insurance, only kept philhealth for the low costs and it is just easier sometimes. Philhealth mostly covered my low cost bills and saves the pain in the @ss declaring a philippines medical bill at a european insurance.

So I might cancell my philhealth. 17k yearly saved by declaring with some pain in the @ss might be worthed. We had this higher rate before, for foreigners and after some months this was cancelled. Since Philhealth was basically robbed... I dont expect this to happen again but will wait some months to see what happens.

• Like Like x 1