Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines - Teenage Pregnancy Has Increased 70% in 10 Years

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SteveB, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Well said!

2. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

but no one forced her to open her legs, she should have known better that once you do and you dont know anything about contraception chances would be you'll be pregnant but she had a choice but then again, the sex urge is far more important than the future or the consequences after.

i honestly dont feel sorry for these women who have kids out of wedlock because i believe they put themselves in that situation. if theyre smart enough, theres always doctors and pharmacist that can help with contraception. dont put your future in the hands of your man regardless if you trust him or not cause you never know. there's been many hit and run situation in the philippines.

note: sorry for being harsh, no offense to single mothers though

3. Obsidian

Obsidian DI New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Um, that's exactly my point?

Which of the three is not a real problem:
    1) A woman is not a virgin anymore.
    2) A woman is not a virgin anymore and pregnant.
    3) A woman is not a virgin anymore, pregnant, and decides to get an abortion.

#1 right? You can not force a woman to remain a virgin all her adult life, just because she hasn't found a husband yet. Humans need companionship. That's reality. No one knows that more than us males.

#2 and #3 are the real bad situations you should be focusing on. And they're actually the easiest to avoid given that it is, after all, the 21st century. So how exactly is explicitly keeping women in the dark and/or forbidding contraceptives to them a good thing? Is following a religious taboo more important than the fact that by following it, you are massively increasing their chances of ruining the life of a child and worse?

It's like the difference between just telling someone to never ever go into the refreshing and oh-so-inviting sparkling waters of the sea versus just teaching them how to swim in the first place.

One ensures they don't get wet, the other ensures they don't drown.

Priorities, yeah?

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    This is why I am all for the RH bill. People have the right to sex education, and they do not learn about sex education by being "smart". Someone has to teach them and/or they have to have access to the materials. Until now much this country has been in the stone ages when it comes to knowledge about sex (and other things as well). The only thing they have been taught is how condoms cause abortions and ANY form of birth control will render them immediately and permanently sterile!

Larry

5. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    It’s not permanent sterilization even if you get cut, if you want to have kids later the Dr just sticks his trusty hypodermic into your testacies and gets your seeds out, then transfers it to your wife.

6. brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Virgins, well I know some men are hell bent on getting a virgin even when they sowed many seeds before meeting their virgin, and I know for a fact that some church goers / Christians claim to be virgins while dating with their future husband, to just keep their family or pastor / priest happy, once they have their white church wedding they sometimes let slip they were sexually active for a long time while dating. Why they lied? Because the system frowns upon them and in fact they will be tossed out of the church once found out.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I like the idea of a virgin, but have been disappointed both times I was with one. I like the experienced ones, makes for a better night and less chance of the instant "I love you" syndrome virgins seem to get.

8. brian ausie

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    you are asking for it wre83 lol :wink:

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not yet.
    I think the reason many guys want the virgin is for the naive "I love you" syndrome though. Just gotta pork them once and then the sickening clingy/obsessive behavior starts. Makes an undesirable feel desired. :wink: I personally like it when they roll over and ignore me/leave without being told to afterwards.

(now I'm asking for it)

10. Torilian

Torilian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It is all about hormones.
    I agree...... who would want an unexperienced virgin anyway..... best age is around 30-35 with experience, and a lot of fun.