Dumaguete Info Search

Philippines - Teenage Pregnancy Has Increased 70% in 10 Years

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SteveB, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I agree with your 1st statement.

The whole deceased brothers wife thing was a societal thing. If the guy refused he wasn't killed he had his sandal taken off and he was spit on, quite a difference. Deuteronomy 25:5-10

Whether God knew it or not, that wasn't the point. The point was that they had a choice, and made the wrong one. Knowing the future is a lot different than controlling it. I would much rather have a wise God influence the final gene pool than a stupid population, but maybe that's just me. :smile:

What Does the Bible Say About Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage?

Book of Deuteronomy - Bible Survey

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    After Onan's brother Er was slain by God, his father Judah told him to fulfill his duty as a brother-in-law to*Tamar, by giving her offspring. However, when Onan had sex with Tamar, he*withdrew before climax and "spilled his seed on the ground", since any child born would not legally be considered his heir. He disregarded the principle of a*levirate union, so God slew him.*Genesis 38:3-10

Apparently god has a different idea of what the punishment should be. The family doesn't seem to be to popular with God. He smited the crap outta them.

And if God knew it or not (which he must because he is all knowing) does matter. I personally don't care for setting people up for failure......and then killing them when they fail. He is omnipotent! All powerful. He HAD to have kn

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Did either of you feel guilty afterwards?

6. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Wrye83 did she tell you you are bigger than dad?

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I honestly have never done that, I've never had a gf that was a prude. Always go for a test drive before taking it home. I had a "relationship" with twins before though, but neither of them were prudes and their parents did a really good job of teaching them to share. :wink:

8. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Wow what a cad! And you think this is something worth bragging about?hmmm.i dont know why you take pride on hitting both?

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Cad? Prideful? or institutional?

I agreed with Nice, what a cad. Being prideful about twins is uncouth, you should consider being prideful when triplets, or quadruples are involved, even though they are difficult to find here in PH.. even with multiple fathers involved. Just my opinion…. Imp being a cat has other ideas. Are you aware one female cat can have a litter of kittens with many fathers represented? I wonder if that mother cat would be prideful?

On a more serious side, I read that the Philippines is becoming less self-sufficient on it rice production because the population is growing and eating more rice per capital because it is the least expensive food here. The large families rely on rice for survival. The article went on to say as the population becomes stronger economically then they eat other foods than cheap rice. Interesting problem supplying the hungry mouths of this nation, and a pitiful comment on the Church's and Government's efforts. These two entities know how to be prideful... deny the problem and take credit for everything

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do they sell a sense of humor at your local sarisari store? It was a joke. O-| Freaking egg shells around here.