Dumaguete Info Search

Pizza Recommendations

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by DumaDon, Jul 5, 2019.

?

Who makes the best pizza in Dumaquete

Poll closed Jul 15, 2019.
  1. Shakey's

22.2%
  2. South Beach

22.2%
  3. Sideways Sportsbar

5.6%
  4. Yellow Cab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Buckeroo

Buckeroo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Hi Ryan. I barely know the owner. How about I find out the next time they have it you put your money where your mouth is and wager 1000 pesos? I saw it with my own 2 eyes...

Sent from my JDN2-L09 using Tapatalk

2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lived i dumaguete for six years. we eat pizza at (or have it delivered to home) from nevas brick oven pizza about two blocks north of silliman campus on hubbard, ocean side. favorite is beefy beef with extra cheese and olive oil. to be honest i have not tried pizza in very many places here. coming from the states neva's was my first experience and found it delightful and very affordable. they have a variety of pasta dishes, perhaps ten different pizzas and some things like shakshuka that i have not seen any place else. certainly suggest you give it a try before you stop looking. mostly a college crowd, very few foreigners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    Down at South Beach Grill when there was only the wood fired pizza oven. It only took about 5 minutes to get the pizza on the table.
    It has been done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    So you were in the kitchen and saw the cook make the pizza from start to finish.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    Yes but was it edible.

6. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Esturya Restaurant, Dumaguete, 172 Hibbard Avenue
    Best Pizza to date I have had in the Philippines and actually the best I have had in 45 years after World travel. This is mouth watering Pizza. I ate 2x14 inch pizzas in last 3 days. It has been mentioned very favorably in another thread but surely belongs here. The Pizza is thin crust but the tomato sauce and cheese along with great taste makes up for those whom like a thick crusted . IMHO

7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Crazy but for all the good reviews we had to try it... worst pizza I have had here in Dumaguete... it was so salty we could not eat it.. I had to throw it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    I really don't know how to respond to someone like you. But I'll try..

It had ham on it. If you are Jewish or Muslim then no it was not edible.
    There was cheese on the pizza. If you're a Vegan then NO it was not edible.
    Should pepperoni upset your delicate stomach. NO it is not edible.
    The crust had a lot of gluten......

It was a very good pizza. It only took about 5 minutes to arrive at my table.
    Before you ask I'll just surrender......NO MY WATCH HAS NOT BEEN CALIBRATED.

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    My thoughts precisely. We fed it to the hired help and they didn't like also. Wife and I will not be back. :depressed:

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    Yes it only took 5 minutes for it to arrive at your table because they served you the one that I had just sent back because it was not cooked properly. No need to calibrate your watch if it is a Timex it just keeps on tickin.

• Funny Funny x 1