Dumaguete Info Search

Pldt fiber available in bacong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DavyL200, Jun 5, 2018.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    On my cell phone, it shows both PLDT SSID. But on my desktop only shows One PLDT which is connected to 5MHT. OS, Windows 7. So can't change it to 2.4 mht.
    Changed the cell phone ssid to 2.4 MHT and getting max speed. Any ideas!

2. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I had a similar prob with the concrete and steel floors,bought a cheap cdr king router and plugged it into the pldt router as the installer said only one port can be used on their router.
    Then plugged in two other routers for the floor below. Tried wifi extenders and were not good.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    PLDT's fibre box is actually fairly powerful and a lot of options. However PLDT set a lot of strict limitations to it including its signal abilities because they fear it will hurt their sales such as multiple houses sharing one fibre connection or allowing many pc direct connections which are more often used by bandwidth hogs. So many of the things I found out where utter nonsense and I couldn't even come to some half arsed idea on why.

Few things.
    1. Their modem has 4 ports but 3 are deactivated and can't be turned on by user access.
    2. They give you *admin* access as its called to the modem but its not true admin access and the modem's real UI is locked from you which gives you the real power.
    3. You can't find a password for their modem as they write passwords for full admin access good only for 72 hours before expire and they make them on a case basis out of Manila.
    4. The modem has 4 antenna's and is capable of using a deep spectrum thingy (no idea what its called) with them which would get better signal through walls but that is hardcoded disabled.
    5. They have settings under pldt admin that block a wired pc to communicate to a wireless device such as my chromecast. I had to spend a lot of time with techs on on the phone until I was able to get them to give me full admin access for 72 hours.
    6. Certain settings as well make it hard if not impossible to plug in another router to their modem to boost a better signal. Can fix it in settings for the tech savy but unsure if this was one of the higher admin privileges locked.

Still my PC is wired and I pull a strong 20Mbps and can download things super fast compared to before and I don't get throttled. So its well enough for now.

• Informative Informative x 5
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have my PLDT modem near a window on the second floor so that I can get a signal anywhere in the garden. As long I don't go in the back. That too pulls in 20 MBPS. Now I need to configure a repeater for a house 15 meters away. Hope that will get a signal too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. cyberspacecadet

cyberspacecadet DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    How good is the contract you had to sign. Most aren't?