Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile PLDT slow

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by charlyB, Mar 27, 2021.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,096 / 332
    Our PLDT is now so very slow i cannot open my yahoo mail but Ookla speed test shows over 90mbps, i tried another test with Speedcheck and its only showing 0.19 mbps.
    Anybody else got similar problem ?

2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    It is common to have fast speeds in the Phils and Hong Kong but to have slow speeds to the US or Europe. The Ookla test is probably to a server here in the Phils. The slow Speedcheck is probably to the US or Europe. Did you see an option to choose the location of the server you are connecting to?

Most large Internet companies host their servers numerous places around the world. So getting the information is fast no matter where people are located. I would think that Yahoo is still large enough to do this and they would have their data replicated to Hong Kong.

Are you using a VPN to another country? In this case your traffic would have to go to that country first before getting your email data from a Yahoo server.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    PLDT has had this problem since Thursday (3/25), in our case on fibre. Our problem is many websites load normally, but the majority are super slow or don't load at all. I cannot figure out the common problem, like overseas or something. So, of course, ookla proves NOTHING to the technician on the phone.

I'm sure they know about the problem, they've had about 25,000 complaints countrywide between thursday am and saturday afternoon (based on case numbers). When they do "line enhancement and troubleshoot," things improve briefly but then back to the same problem. If you call 171, and navigate to a "billing" department human, you can request a "credit" of a few days, they sound like they have gotten a lot; "we will evaluate your request," and "if approved, you will get a credit in one or two billing cycles." Probably will not work, but if enough people flood the system with requests, they might get off their butts and fix it. Maybe something is going on back in corporate PLDT, which also owns SMART.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    FilProducts has been slow as well for the past day or two. Hit and miss with the speeds throughout the day.

5. Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Not surprised that Fil Products has a problem too, must be a major interisland cable from Luzon or something. I just WISH T F that somebody would tell us and not try to always HIDE the news. "Oh really, sir, you're having a problem, lets reboot the modem and do a line enhancement and see what happens."..... Never give bad news, never offend, always say what the other person wants to hear. Lordy lordy, people.... I rarely miss US annoying agressive culture, but in this case......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kilam63

Kilam63 DI Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Air Force

Retired
    Ratings:
    +135 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    upload_2021-3-28_5-57-50.png

• Informative Informative x 6
  7. Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    As i said in my first post, WTF can't PLDT tell us the truth in the d*mn first place rather than hear it from another provider. Maybe we should switch to Fil Products, at least they have a backup plan and a REAL sense of customer service.
    PLDT = SAME O', SAME O'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    I got this forwarded attachment by PLDT, so Filproducts also. So it looks like it's going to be crappy until the 30th.

86D5BEF4-A0B6-415A-A68C-D8044F1596FA.png

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. Edward K

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    JW: At least it's real news, thanks for posting.. How did you get that, attach to email?.. Stupid PLDT asked us four times thursday and saturday for our email and we never got that notice. And, gee, they could have even told us verbally instead of the other crap, jeez, humph <grin>...

10. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    . How did you get that, attach to email?..

Neighbour sent it to me as I was complaining about Filproducts and checked on his PLDT. Hehe on a PlDT 300Mbps business plan. So perhaps they only sent that to business plan users.

I agree I just want to be told so I stop trying to figure out if it's something wrong at my end. It is a bit better today was able to stream a Rugby game this morning that would not even connect last night.