Dumaguete Info Search

Please gentleman, have some patience, understanding and respect of the local culture!

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Mark K, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Which is a major point of this thread...not the little things that annoy us. Let's keep the topic focused on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    with you one hundred per cent! first thing to remember is that we all (expats) live here because we like it better than where we came from. second thing to remember is that we are all guests here (you expect guests in your house to follow your rules right?). our task is not to change the culture but to learn how to live in it (abuse of dogs excepted)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    About 2 hours after this dude was tearing branches off my tree a big branch broke off and took the power lines down feeding the bunch of houses next to my place... They we are also very happy when Noreco came and said they would do the job tomorrow so they spent the nite in the dark with not even Electric fans..they said they know his name because he bragged that he told and expat to f*ck off.. I dare say if he comes back next week end there may be a discussion between him and the locals..

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Who’s the “gentleman”...or is it..gentlemen..

6. OP
    OP
    Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    Well spotted sir

But the question is......was it a typo or does it mean I've only ever met one gentleman in Dumaguete? :smile:

7. Sojourner

Sojourner DI New Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +10 / 5

8. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You shoul
    You should have stepped in and told them both to shut the phuck up.

9. Catabisis

Catabisis DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +45 / 9
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Being rude to Filipinos and being rude to expats have different context. Westerners are taught to be forthcoming and even forward in their conversations with others. Filipinos are taught to conform and avoid conflict. It is why this place produces warm, irresistible women

10. Sojourner

Sojourner DI New Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +10 / 5
    I have lived here in the Philippines for a few years and my personal experience has been that employees vary from store to store... the work culture in some stores is more professional than in other stores. In the stores where the employees are all about the employees (music playing loud and ignoring customers) then I do not do business there... I just leave and go somewhere else. But for a foreigner to be intolerant of the work culture within a store and to explode on a store clerk is totally incorrect... they should simply leave and go somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019