Dumaguete Info Search

Plumber/Handyman Needed....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by devildog4, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    One of the guys that built my house, Benji, may be available after August 19th. He did all the plumbing in my house (under my supervision) and I trust his work. He will charge between P300 and P350 per day, depending on the job, and the work will be done well. I assume you have a septic tank, water and waste lines already? Do you know if you have a standard toilet flange?

I installed flanges while building my house then learned that the toilets that I bought were not standard (in spite of the manager of the hardware store assuring me that they were) and the closet bolts would not line up. So, against my will, I ended up cementing the toilets to the floor in normal Filipino fashion. Also, be careful when you buy a toilet here. A standard size North American toilet drain sits 12 inches (center of drain) from the wall. There is no standard in the Philippines so the toilet drain can be anywhere from 8 inches to about 16 inches depending on the toilet. There is one brand in Citi Hardware that has several models of toilets. All of their drain locations are different!!! Therefore, if you are installing waste plumbing, I suggest you buy the toilet first to locate the drain center. If you have a standard drain and flange already installed (12 inches from the wall), you should stick with something like "American Standard" toilets. Although they are more expensive, you will be able to remove and install them at will, by simply unbolting them from the floor and re-installing with a new wax gasket. If you want Benji's number, just PM me.