Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Polaris Credit Card Acceptance

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Rye83, May 25, 2021.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    I tried to use my credit card at DuEkSsm motorcycle shop. They said NO. They accept cash or bank transfers. The appliance store probably has the same policy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. dadof3at1ce

dadof3at1ce DI Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +111 / 11
    I have bought many things at DuExSam including a refrigerator, speakers for a home system, and a few other things. Always used my credit card no issues.

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks. Just got back from Centrum. Purchased an air-con and decided on purchasing a new ref (inverter non-frosting style as well to replace my older and smaller one).

No discount on the air-con (Sharp Split 2HP standard inverter), P47,300. Free installation.
    Ref (Samsung 9.9 cubic ft bottom freezer) was P30k, discounted to P28,150 + the standard free rice cooker.
    Delivery fee to Valencia P260.

Sales guy knew his appliances pretty well. Checkout took some time with all the serial numbers being hand-jammed but that was expected. (Guard also took my receipt and hand jammed them into his log book upon exiting as well. First time I've ran across this but I guess there is a reason they do it.)

AMEX a no-go. Visa ok.

Satisfied with the experience so far. Will post if anything goes wrong during delivery or install.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2021
  4. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I've used my Visa at Citihardware; got a fridge and an aircon amongst other things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Wow. It was not long ago that you made a statement about ditching your motorcycle into the ocean in case you had to leave. The idea was that you did not want to own much here.

Now a car and a refrigerator. You are becoming domesticated.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Also a new scooter and apartment (a really f'n hot one, reason for the air-con). I still don't own that much stuff, just updating/upgrading.

I think the bike you are referring to was the one that has a freeze on the registration. The current state of that one is pretty much the same as sitting at the bottom of the ocean, rusted out, flat tires, dead battery, know getting what else...would cost more to fix it than its worth. But yeah, if I had to leave and couldn't return anything that couldn't be quickly sold for a reasonable price or given to a respectable charity it would be destroyed.

7. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Is there a baby on the way?
    You may remember the discussion about solar reflective exterior window film. Do not forget weather stripping. (Very hard to find here.) No point in cooling down the air in the room if it is only going to be replaced with hot air from outside.

Not much can be done with a CHB wall in the sun. Maybe glue some amakan (woven bamboo strips) on it. The problem with CHB is that it conducts heat very well. The sun's radiation heats up the blocks and the heat is efficiently transferred inside. Amakan or any wood would not heat up as much in the sun and it would not transmit the heat well to the CHB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    To answer the original Question, Polaris will Only take Debit cards and they must be Banknet associated :pompus:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I hope not. It is a smaller apartment.

The windows what have a film on them already

The doors fit too tightly around the concrete frame for anything to fit between the door and frame. There is some room between the concrete lip and the back of the door for some type of felt or foam material to be glued to the frame for a better seal. I'm sure that would be available on lazada along with some type weatherstrip got the bottom of the doors.

The sun doesn't hit the CHB directly any time during the day.

I will ask the landlord about this. It may throw off the look of the place if I did the entire front wall but I may be able to convince her to allow me to put it up halfway up.

The concrete that gets hit the hardest by the sun (all day) is the front porch, which I believe is what is conducting the most heat into the house. The coolest tiles in the house are the ones furthest away from the front porch. Is their any cheap and easy to install (on concrete) flooring material that would help with this?

10. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Anything that you can walk on is going to be more expensive. Boat decks often use wood lattice. Notched together, it is quite intricate and expensive.

Even something thin that does not conduct the heat well would help. The goal is to convect the heat back into the surrounding air before it conducts into the rest of the concrete.

Shade would be best. Any chance you can shade the porch with some shade cloth or bamboo roller blinds?