Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Portable AC stand alone unit

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Garcia, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Garcia

Garcia DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 129
    Hi, anyone purchased a portable AC stand alone unit and if so any experience with any makes/reliability. There appears to be many out there, probably quite a few are Chinese. It's for a living room which only has a large ceiling fan thanks.

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I owned once a Haier air conditioner (stand-up) back in the West. It was a very good unit and the only thing that P$#%ed me off about it was they collect water (and alot of it) Eventually I had to connect a hose for the water overflow and baby sat it daily when turned on for 8 hours or more. Because this is the Philippines you may wind up emptying the water collection 2 or 3 times in a day because of the humidity here. Mold is more readily collected by the unit based on my experience. If you do go for the Stand-up here in the Philippines.......... go with a Panasonic. Stand-ups also have the cheap darn pipe hose that splits, cracks, and restricts the unit VS a practical wall mounted in-out unit. Best advice would be (if you rent) is ask owners to provide one...... after all........ they do keep the unit when you leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1