Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Possible Move To Dumaguete

1. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey medmenham1, really need more info. where are you coming from? is her income essential to your standard of living? (most filipinos work for 10k pesos or less per month gross, less for travel and uniforms) what is her age? (many places will not hire over 30 years of age regardless of english skills) do you have children to care for? are you prepared to be the homemaker so your wife can work? dumaguete is growing and there are probably many entry jobs in retail but the pay is hardly worth the effort unless you are in dire straits! i would suggest working backwards from your required standard of living and the money it will take to achieve that. her contribution after expenses would be unlikely to be more than 200 a month U S if that. is it worth it or necessary? thats the first question!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Darran_Stanners

Darran_Stanners DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 18
    where you are locating from was to try to understand, if indeed you have been to the Philippines before, simple enough question (just because your wife is Filipina), doesnt mean you have ever been here, hence if you havent been here, you cant expect to relocate here on the strength of a job she may or may not get, in a country with a little different mindset, but of course if you have been here and understand what your getting into, then all I have said in moot, as for the money part if your wife's future salary will be a generous enough portion of the familys monthly budget, then IMHO skating on thin ice.............its more fun in the Philippines if you have plan A plan B plan C a few plan D's and a few spare plan E's

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. medmenham11

medmenham11 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    With respect, I fail to see what that has got to do with you, nor is it relevant to my question. ...Perhaps you can explain the relevance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1