Dumaguete Info Search

Update Posting Personal/Private Information

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Sep 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    From the Forum Rules:
    :banghead: I give up on enforcing this rule.

If you want to post your cellphone numbers/personal information on the forum go for it. Don't come crying to me if you start getting telemarketers calling and excessive spam in your inboxes. If you post your private information on the open forum and wish for it to be deleted later on you better ask really nicely and be prepared to apologize and admit that I told you so. Act like a dick and demand that I remove it and I might just feature your information on the front page of the website and sign you up for every spam distro list I can find.

While I won't be enforcing the rule (and I don't expect the moderators to either) I still highly recommend that you don't post your private information on DI (or any other public forum/website). It is best left for private messages. Up to you diba?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just a bit of FYI for ya:
    Current Visitors | Dumaguete Info

The robots are programs that index websites (collect data). Google, Yahoo, Bing are the obvious ones. Baidu is a Chinese search engine. Yandex.....not sure, never heard of them. I think they are a Russian search engine.

Just letting you know they are indexing the website and collecting information posted on the forum (including anything you make public in threads). :wink:

• Informative Informative x 3